Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: One Person Smokes Out A Senator, New State Law Banning Modifications

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

I would never have it here in Jersey anyway

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

I am running an 03 and getting harrassed, 18 wheelers seem to be left alone, because they came from the factory with stacks. as for age limit, none. Stacks are illegal in NJ now and the officer viewed my tip as a stack.

I was inspected for a tuner, egr and DPF deletes. my truck did not come with egr and DPF, so I was exempt there, although the tuner was something else they looked for. time to hide the tuners and go to analog gauges

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

3. Top Of Page | #43
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I do not understand why some of these laws are in place. I can see how some people SHOULD be fined for smoking out other vehicles as it is a hazard for everyone on the road.

A few years ago Edge was fined a huge amount of money because their tuners were deemed an emission problem or that they were fined because the trucks burnt more fuel. My experience with tuners including Edge products was that my trucks got BETTER fuel economy, not worse. So in other words Edge's product gave most trucks better economy. So better economy equates to less overall emissions. So were they fined because of more emissions or becasue they are indirectly costing the oil companies money? Or what?

I also do not understand how burning twice as much fuel on vehicles that have a DPF to have a "cleaner" exhaust helps anyone except the oil companies. A properly tuned diesel will run clean out the exhaust pipe and I have proved it with many of my diesel machines over the years. I have had a few diesel trucks that the oil stayed almost clear between oil changes. This is because they were tuned correctly and there was enough oxygen in the cylinders to completely burn the fuel. Any blowby past the rings or valve guides would not have any soot in it to contaminate the oil. Even on my mechanical injected trucks that were tuned properly the oil stayed clean between changes...it is even easier to tune electronicly injected vehicles to run clean.

I believe we are being lied to on a constant basis as far as the emission problems...especially when it comes to exhaust after treatment like DPF and now DEF on diesels. In my mind all these new laws are ONLY in place to line the pockets of the oil companies and the law enforcment agencies. I

have heard a rumour that DEF may be phased out soon as the exhaust emissions are proving to be far worse than oxides of nitrogen. Not to mention that in many places there is a problem with people littering with the empty DEF containers.

As far as stacks on smaller than semi trucks I would fight it in court if I was a farmer and hauling livestock. Seems like a money grab to me.

Rant off!

4. Likes F350Cummins liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

and the farm auction and association as a group is trying to. I agree with you 100% I also don't like the stereotype of ohh its a diesel, its dirty. or, ohh its a big truck its.... you guys know.

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

6 in a row makes her go

6. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwerx View Post
    I do not understand why some of these laws are in place. I can see how some people SHOULD be fined for smoking out other vehicles as it is a hazard for everyone on the road.

A few years ago Edge was fined a huge amount of money because their tuners were deemed an emission problem or that they were fined because the trucks burnt more fuel. My experience with tuners including Edge products was that my trucks got BETTER fuel economy, not worse. So in other words Edge's product gave most trucks better economy. So better economy equates to less overall emissions. So were they fined because of more emissions or becasue they are indirectly costing the oil companies money? Or what?

I also do not understand how burning twice as much fuel on vehicles that have a DPF to have a "cleaner" exhaust helps anyone except the oil companies. A properly tuned diesel will run clean out the exhaust pipe and I have proved it with many of my diesel machines over the years. I have had a few diesel trucks that the oil stayed almost clear between oil changes. This is because they were tuned correctly and there was enough oxygen in the cylinders to completely burn the fuel. Any blowby past the rings or valve guides would not have any soot in it to contaminate the oil. Even on my mechanical injected trucks that were tuned properly the oil stayed clean between changes...it is even easier to tune electronicly injected vehicles to run clean.

I believe we are being lied to on a constant basis as far as the emission problems...especially when it comes to exhaust after treatment like DPF and now DEF on diesels. In my mind all these new laws are ONLY in place to line the pockets of the oil companies and the law enforcment agencies. I

have heard a rumour that DEF may be phased out soon as the exhaust emissions are proving to be far worse than oxides of nitrogen. Not to mention that in many places there is a problem with people littering with the empty DEF containers.

As far as stacks on smaller than semi trucks I would fight it in court if I was a farmer and hauling livestock. Seems like a money grab to me.

Rant off!
    As you know, the EGR is supposed to reduce the combustion temp. I don't possibly understand how that can be done, when the intake air is at least 100 degrees less. Makes no sense. All to reduce NOX. Then they put a DPF on to clean up all the unburned fuel in soot form. Then they heat that with fuel to 1200*F. Huh?

Back in 08-09 some of you know I was heavy into this delete stuff, but still wanted to eliminate the smoke. By dramatically increasing the air volume and reducing the temp, I got the NOX almost to the fed standard, without the NOX scrubber! I even went out and bought a gas sniffer to accomplish this. What I needed back then was EFI Live capabilities. Hadn't been invented yet

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

do you still have the probe steve?

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty

6 in a row makes her go

8. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

Yes

9. Top Of Page | #48
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Random thought popped into my head as I was headed home this morning. I wonder how long it would take for them to catch onto those stackracks. Unless your blowing smoke or the cop knows what he's looking at, some of them are actually pretty clean as far as exhaust exit

10. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    Random thought popped into my head as I was headed home this morning. I wonder how long it would take for them to catch onto those stackracks. Unless your blowing smoke or the cop knows what he's looking at, some of them are actually pretty clean as far as exhaust exit
    I could run a stack up through my cap. It would heat the bed area in the winter. LOL

I am unaware of any stack laws in NJ. All I know is they are supposed to have heat shields from human touch

11. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

New law steve, see 1st page. @Polaraco

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty

6 in a row makes her go

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345