Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: One Person Smokes Out A Senator, New State Law Banning Modifications

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Smoke is a good diagnosis tool tho. Now before it starts a fight, no I don't condone smoking everyone out, or blacking out an intersection. My truck actually runs very clean and only smokes when I get into it heavy... but the color of your trucks smoke can often alert you to problems before any other symptoms show up

2. Likes Polaraco liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

I only smoke when i am not really boosting and even then its a haze. diesel has dropped to 2.99 a gal here and I am enjoying it. However I a,so do not support blacking out an intersection, and have even ripped a few people a new one for it. it is irresponsible and can be dangerous.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

4. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    Smoke is a good diagnosis tool tho. Now before it starts a fight, no I don't condone smoking everyone out, or blacking out an intersection. My truck actually runs very clean and only smokes when I get into it heavy... but the color of your trucks smoke can often alert you to problems before any other symptoms show up
    Agreed

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Pardon rant and pardon language i am just so ******* pissed and this is so ******* redicilous.

3 and a half hours on the side of the road this morning for this ******* ****. pulled over for a 5" mbrp tip on a 4" mbrp exhaust. not smoking, not hazing, actually holding 45MPH on 46 in mount olive. Started off cop came up and told me why he pulled me over, so I made him read me the law as it is written, and an exhaust tip is not specificly stated.. I am not sure where an exhaust tip counts in the law, but I consider it cosmetic. so I then pulled out the 3" 3 ring binder of the service manual for the truck from under the back seet, and had him look at that and look at my exhaust and tell me how it was not the right one. He stated he cant inspect but would send someone out who was.

So now another office joins, along with the guy who is cetrtified to look at this. (we are now about an hour in) I handed him the service manual and let him have his look, He was decent, asked a few questions, and said Exhaust is fine. But he then proceded to do a full roadside. (mind you I am a PA truck and driver in NJ) and found no issues, except my squeeking belt. While he is doing this a police impound tow truck shows up, and begins to back up to my truck.

The inspecting officer releases the situation back to the other officer station, besides the squeeking belt the truck is fine. He has a cold air intake, but no other mods, and no tuner.

The origional officer is still giving me a had time about anything he can, and make the inspector look at my tires, again. ( I did go a hair bigger with them)

The inspector came back and said they are fine, stop giving him a hard time and let him get to work.

Finally they tell the tow truck to bouger off and I get to leave

couldn't even get them to call my boss that I would be late for work because they fucked up. and all of this over one ******* who somked out a senator. these new bullshit laws and the brainless officers that are trying to enforce them.

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

6 in a row makes her go

7. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

OK, so asking a few guys at work it is also an age/vehicle thing. being in my 20's most of the diesels owned by guys in their 20's are rolling coal and smoking out streets. a co worker has one that makes a small cloud. He has never been pulled over. His son took it once, and got stopped, by the neighboring town to my incident today and was 2 hours, along with a handful of tickets. a DPF Delete in NJ will cost you around 6K and an EGR delete will cost you around 5K in fines. I will see if I can scan in the tickets he got.

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty

6 in a row makes her go

8. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

sorry you were harassed on your way to work. glad your truck was not impounded( glad you were well versed in that new law) . I still can't believe all the BS going on in NJ
    Just hope they leave you alone for now on (fingers crossed)

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

9. Top Of Page | #27

One Person Smokes Out A Senator, New State Law Banning Modifications

So with my truck being registered in NY they can still hassle me? I run clean unless I'm basically WOT.

Glad things went well for you.

10. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

so it seams. They impounded several in the town my work is in. Most of them were guys going to the livestock auction and had stacks. Apparently any stack is illegal in NJ now.

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty

6 in a row makes her go

11. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Who did you piss off? I go through there almost every day and not so much as a peep. Maybe it's because the truck looks neglected and it beat up some. I have to say I haven't seen to many trucks in your condition on the road. My 03 looks 10 years newer than yours.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

12. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

He stated, the illegal exaust modification and called out the exhaust tip as to why. I honestly think its an age thing. Adrian at work, has the 06, he hasn't gotten pulled over, he is 53. his 19 year old son drove it once, and got pulled over with it.

I think it is an age thing, although condition might matter too. Didn't we just talk about making mine look nicer

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty

6 in a row makes her go

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast