Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: One Person Smokes Out A Senator, New State Law Banning Modifications

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Does this apply to vehicles not registered in NJ? What about visiting or driving thru?

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

sadly it applies. I have PA registration and work in NJ

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    sadly it applies. I have PA registration and work in NJ
    That isn't true, each state has a law allows people from any other state to drive under their home state's law. That is how I can go to California in my truck that is legally only sold outside of California.

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

When I get home I will post a picture of the ticket i got for "illegal exhaust modifications" I am a PA resident, with PA registration, and work in NJ.
    Officer was a NJ State cop from the Hope barraks

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

6 in a row makes her go

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    When I get home I will post a picture of the ticket i got for "illegal exhaust modifications" I am a PA resident, with PA registration, and work in NJ.
    Officer was a NJ State cop from the Hope barraks
    People think a ticket means you are guilty, it just means that you have to go to court. A Leo is not a jury or judge they just write the ticket for whatever violation they think you have committed. The courts decide if you are or aren't guilty of the crime. So take your license and registration and go to court and they should throw it out. But you might have a problem if you are going in to NJ every day for work you need to check out the laws of NJ to see what is required if anything because you work in NJ.

7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

The law in NJ says no more than 3 consecutive seconds of smoke is allowed. He has an 03 which barely smokes like mine. No idea how he could get a ticket.

An exception to that would be deliberately filling the interior of a Prius. The cops will consider you a wise guy. That is what caused all this.

This law is stating if you put things on that cause it to smoke. A few of the items mentioned, particularly air flow mods, will NOT cause it to smoke. It's all engine management.

One of my local cops has a 05. He stopped and asked me about the tuner I have. Mine doesn't smoke unless I WOT, and then it's only a puff. So if you want to add a tuner in NJ, just don't be a smart a$$ where you can get caught. It's the smart a$$'s that ruined it for everyone.

I said this was going to happen 2 years ago when the EPA clamped down on the deletes.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

yes, and now it is out of hand.

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty

6 in a row makes her go

9. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Well, the municipality won't drop it because I am out of state. Now i guess I have to fight it in court.

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty

6 in a row makes her go

10. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by uscg4x4 View Post
    Does this apply to vehicles not registered in NJ? What about visiting or driving thru?
    based on the township not dropping mine because I am a PA resident, I think it does. Will update after court.

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty

6 in a row makes her go

11. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Smoke is wasted fuel and fuel ain't cheap. Gas prices have dropped but diesel hasn't. It's too bad that some guys aren't very responsible.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast