Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st gen KSB valve

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

1st gen KSB valve

Has anyone had a problem with the front of the KSB leaking from the nut? If so does anyone know where i can get the o-rings to fix it. I have called Dodge and Cummins and they dont have it. I even called a place that rbuilds the Bosch VE pumps and they had never heard of a KSB valve.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

If the shop that rebuilds VE IP's has not heard of a KSB...then i definitely would not be having them work on my stuff!

As for the KSB leaking. I can not recall ever coming across anyone with this issue before. Not to say it doesn't happen, but clearly not a very common issue.

I would remove the nut, and pull out the O-ring. Then go down to an industrial supply house and see if you can match up the O-ring. Then re-assemble.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ok. Ya they said they have never heard of it. If i look up reman pumps, the KSB in installed on the pump.
    Ya there are people that discuss this issue on other diesel forums.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

It;s a good thing you have the year of your truck in your profile. . . . .

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Its a 1991.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Not the point Kev. We went through this already remember? Show us the year, mods and trans. That's why this thread sat so long. That and I am tired of trying to pry info out of everyone.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm confused. The pump is stock I just need to no if anyone knows where I can get an o ring.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_gearhead View Post
    I'm confused. The pump is stock I just need to no if anyone knows where I can get an o ring.
    We think @Polaraco is also.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Most decent auto parts stores have O Ring selections. Take the o ring out and compare it with the assortment.

I am not talking about AutoZone or advanced. I'm talking about places like CarQuest or NAPA or an independant parts store. Especially ones that have been around for years. STAY AWAY FROM THE CHAINS unless you are buying a national brand part or something in a bottle. The rest is crap.

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_gearhead View Post
    He is saying if you have a problem but don't have anything listed as far as vehicle info how will people help you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast