Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I can't decide which one I want

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member vanilllagorilla5.9's Avatar

User Info Menu

I can't decide which one I want

so my next modification is a lift pump either FASS fuel system or air dog 2 I can't decide which one because both seem to have very good reputation for quality products does anyone have any input on which one would be better or is it just a coin flip I'm not looking for an outrageous gallon per hour because I'm not going to push my truck passed 650 horsepower.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I had issues with my Air Dog and they wouldn't stand behind it. My filters rusted internally and they were only a month old.

Go Fass

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member vanilllagorilla5.9's Avatar

User Info Menu

well damn fass it is

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Go with Fass.

#fass

"The grass is greener where you water it"

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Another vote for Fass here

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

FASS and we got them on sale right now

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Air Dog has had a lot of very well documented problems with their lift pumps in the last 2-3 years. That being said I have an AD II 100gph pump that I bought new 4 years ago and have not had a single issue out of. It is currently feeding dual CP3's with 100% over Exergy's on my 800hp street truck. I'll also add that the handful of people that I know who are running Air Dog's new 4G lift pump have had nothing but good things to say about them. My advice would be to go with whoever offers the best warranty, and get either a FASS 90 or AD 100, either one will support your goal of 650hp. I'd also look into adding a sump as well. Anytime you can gravity feed your lift pump as opposed to it using a draw straw will add to it's life span. Good luck!

9. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Like others have said Air dog has seemed to have issues. They sold the company to another and it went south. FASS I've yet to read anything bad or very much. Now with that said I've had zero issues outta my air dog 2 165

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jlmaster View Post
    Like others have said Air dog has seemed to have issues. They sold the company to another and it went south. FASS I've yet to read anything bad or very much. Now with that said I've had zero issues outta my air dog 2 165

I got my first pump right after the acquisition. Then it started to blow fuses. I paid for an upgrade to the 165, which I had to replace also. It was fine for a while. Then I changed the fuel filters with official Air Dog filters. Figured it was the right thing to do! A month later, I lost 3 injectors. A few of you may remember that. Cost me a fortune. Several weeks later, I lost a couple more. I replaced them all. A couple were the new ones. Then I lost 2 more. What the hell? I previously eliminated everything but the filters. I actually had 2 filter sets. They rusted so bad, the overwhelmed the 2nd filter. When I contacted Air Dog, they were pompous about it. They would give me new filters. Forget about the $8000 I had invested in replacement injectors. . . . It was their fault.

Turns out Air Dog had 4 different filter vendors and had the rusting problem already. That's what product liability insurance is for.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

11. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have an airdog 150 zero issues