Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Airtex & Airdog Lift pumps

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Question Airtex & Airdog Lift pumps

So my lift pump bit the dust this past weekend and I purchased this Airtex E7153 lift pump (http://www.autozone.com/external-eng...l-pump/704652/) which if you read has a max free flow rate of 55gph with a PSI range of 15-30. Got it installed and everything seems a-okay!

The reason I went with the Airtex, over a factory type, was because the previous owner had already installed a spectra pump (similar pass through design) and I no longer had the factory banjo bolts needed to install the stock design. I also didn't install a FASS or Airdog because of the usual time and money excuse. I also read the pass through design is better for pump failure because it allows the VP44 to still fuel and grant the driver a little extra time.

I was just curious if anyone has used the Airtex or have any reviews on it? I read a few posts online but nothing very conclusive as to if its a good, if not better, solution to the stock style pumps.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I haven't heard anything negative about the AirTex, but it is a very popular brand.

You'll be OK with it. That type of pump has a much higher failure rate than a Fass any day though.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I haven't heard anything negative about the AirTex, but it is a very popular brand.

You'll be OK with it. That type of pump has a much higher failure rate than a Fass any day though.
    Yeah in the long run I'll upgrade to a FASS or similar pump, it was just a quick fix to get me back on the road with minimal down time.