Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I hate Line-X.....

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

OK, I hate Line-X.....

I have tried to take the high road on this, but clearly they are not interested in customer service or warranting their product.

Here's my story....

I purchased a Line-X spray in bed liner from,

Trademaster Automotive LTD
    44467 Yale Rd West
    Chilliwack, BC, V2R 4H2
    1-877-878-5869

I purchased this spray in bed liner on Sept 11/2012, for my 1984 Dodge ram pick up. Within a year of having the liner sprayed on the tailgate began to peal. I brought the truck in earlier this year to have them look at the pealing tailgate. They said that they could "Glue" it back down....not the response I was looking for!

But recently I had noticed that there were several areas inside the box where the liner appeared to be lifting. So a few weeks ago now, I started to pick at the liner and it started to pull up easily. I was not very happy about this because I was wondering how many other sections had started to lift, allowing water to infiltrate under the liner, and allow rust to start.

So a day or two later I decided that I should try and get the liner out of the box. I assumed that this was going to be a big job, since they claim that the liner's adhesion, and durability is almost indestructible. Well it took me, and my friend, under 10 minutes to pull the liner out of the box. We used nothing more then our finger tips to start the edges pealing away.

I contact the franchisee with pictures and a statement of what had happened, through their website. I received a call a couple days later, but was not around to answer the call. I called back and the owner (?) Wayne was not available to speak with. We played phone tag for a week or two, but it seemed like I would not get a call back, unless I called first. I decided to test my theory, so over the last 10 days or so I decided not call them at all....I have not received a single call from TradeMasters.

About 2 weeks ago I called Corporate Line-X and left a messages describing my situation. Hoping that they would get involved and help settle this issue. I have not heard back from them. I called again last week, and again no communication.

So I have filed a complaint with the BBB, and on the corporate website I entered a "testimonial" about my situation. We'll see what comes of all this over the next several weeks.

I am posting this on every on-line forum I frequent, with the hopes that the negative publicity will bring these parties out of the wood work to negotiate a fair settlement for this obvious faulty product.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Do you have pics we could see?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Now the pics that go along with this issue.....

First area I picked at...

Then a few days later. This was just a few seconds worth of picking.

Took less than 2 minutes to strip this one side....

And the rest took only a few more minutes between myself and my friend.

Pictures are wroth a thousand words aren't they...

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Whoa! I was seriously thinking about having it done to my truck.

I think I'm going to hold off now.

Hope you get it worked out!

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thrashing is a meticulous creative mechanic. I know he did a lot of research before he did this. It made sense at the time.

He may as well sprayed in stuff from WalMart and gotten better results.

Brian, with all the work you did on this truck, be thankful this was the worst.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Thanks thrashingcows thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Can we share this on our social media @thrashingcows?

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS.COM View Post
    Can we share this on our social media @thrashingcows?
    I've known Brian for years. I'm sure getting the word out was his purpose. He posted this on fins too. He never complains like this so I say, in his behalf, yes. share it

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I've known Brian for years. I'm sure getting the word out was his purpose. He posted this on fins too. He never complains like this so I say, in his behalf, yes. share it
    Shared! OH BOY!

11. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I can tell you right now from your pics that whoever sprayed your box did not prep the surface properly. The paint has to to be scuffed up at the very least in order for the product to have some purchase. Scuffed and cleaned well or it will peel.

I hope they redo it for you as it is a very expensive product that should last for the life of the truck if it is applied properly. I thought that they warrantied their product? This is a clear case of improper installation.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwerx View Post
    I can tell you right now from your pics that whoever sprayed your box did not prep the surface properly. The paint has to to be scuffed up at the very least in order for the product to have some purchase. Scuffed and cleaned well or it will peel.

I hope they redo it for you as it is a very expensive product that should last for the life of the truck if it is applied properly. I thought that they warrantied their product? This is a clear case of improper installation.
    Brian said that wasn't the case. I'm sure he cleaned the bed real good before he had it done too. That's his way. It's a shame. If you followed this project, you'd know the owner, Biran, with great respect.

http://www.Moparfins.com/forum/forum...ummins-crewcab

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast