Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, I hate Line-X.....

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

This has gotten huge reponse on our Social Media so far.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

2. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Brian said that wasn't the case. I'm sure he cleaned the bed real good before he had it done too. That's his way. It's a shame. If you followed this project, you'd know the owner, Biran, with great respect.

http://www.Moparfins.com/forum/forum...ummins-crewcab
    It is not his fault that the installer did not prep the box for their product. They are supposed to know how to spray their product so that it sticks. Not the customers fault at all IMO.

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwerx View Post
    It is not his fault that the installer did not prep the box for their product. They are supposed to know how to spray their product so that it sticks. Not the customers fault at all IMO.
    We agree. They need to stand behind this crappy work and make it right.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Agreed Stu. I was just saying he probably did a real good pre-prep. I find it strange it didn't stick anywhere though. You would think it would have stuck better in places. It could be not only the prep, but the product too

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Agreed Stu. I was just saying he probably did a real good pre-prep. I find it strange it didn't stick anywhere though. You would think it would have stuck better in places. It could be not only the prep, but the product too
    You are correct that the product may have been a bad batch or not mixed properly...but I believe it was the prep based on the pics. Fpr the ones I have seen done properly the tech sanded the paint to make it quite rough...almost no paint left. Then they cleaned the box with a solvent just like one would do if they were painting a vehicle. It does not look like it was scuffed properly IMO. I could be wrong as pics do not always tell the whole story.

7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

This sucks that you have such a problem with your line-X. I have had line-X on the rocker panels and bed of my truck for about 2 years and haven't had any problems with it. I had it done in Alaska and it has seen 50 below zero to 100 above. Seems like a good product as long as the installing shop does everything right.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Your are correct that the product may have been a bad batch or not mixed properly...but I believe it was the prep based on the pics. Fpr the ones I have seen done properly the tech sanded the paint to make it quite rough...almost no paint left. Then they cleaned the box with a solvent just like one would do if they were painting a vehicle. It does not look like it was scuffed properly IMO. I could be wrong as pics do not always tell the whole story.
    Still agreed. It looks like they didn't do anything. I've seen poor paint jobs stick better. . . .

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for the kind words Steve! You're making me blush....

As many have stated, I think this is very poor prep. I believe I was in and out in about 2 hours? And yes, please share this info on any Social Media site you wish.

But Yesterday I filed a complaint with the BBB, and I also put a negative "testimonial" on the corporate LineX page. Guess who contacted me today through E-mail....Canadian Regional Manager for LineX.

We'll see where this goes....Guess I got their attention finally!

11. Top Of Page | #19
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thrashingcows View Post

As many have stated, I think this is very poor prep. I believe I was in and out in about 2 hours? And yes, please share this info on any Social Media site you wish.

But Yesterday I filed a complaint with the BBB, and I also put a negative "testimonial" on the corporate LineX page. Guess who contacted me today through E-mail....Canadian Regional Manager for LineX.

It is sad that it took some bad press before your problem was noticed by the higher powers. It could have been a simple thing...warranty work. It happens sometimes.

12. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thrashingcows View Post

At your age, a blush would make you look good.

You earned every word Brian. These guys should be jealous for what you have done. You'd think you were building another Polaraco! LOL

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast