Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  26
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1987 Chevrolet Suburban 46" 6BT 12v Cummins SWAP

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by polarbear View Post
    http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...6d8074fe31.jpg
    This just arrived to my home with the mail. Now on our first test run in the holidays I will wear this for luck
    Sweet. How you like our gear?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

It's great

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by polarbear View Post
    It's great
    Awesome. We take pride it what we do.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

5. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Just making the final touch on the truck so we can take it up to the mountain and test run in some snow. Hope that my air drone will arrive as well so we can get some good video of it.

Tonight we install this 4 extra lights on it 2 yellow for when it's blowing snow or snow storm and 2 blue for good flood lights.

This looks much better than the old 2 lights we had there

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Been sometime with out any post here. But have been busy and doing some work on the truck.

Got new facility to work on the truck and took few days to move thing over there and get started.

New place so why not new turbo decided to upgrade from H1C to HX40

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Weeseven, Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Ok few things have been moving now finally but there has not been extra time for long time now.

Just recently I started finishing up few things, as we removed the turbo to replace the H1C with HX40 I decided to remove the starter and install new one, order one from ebay but it did not fit.

Got refund on the starter so no big deal, order parts to rebuild the old starter and have finished that

My friend Jon manage to get in the picture after we had rebuild the starter

No rebuild starter is in place as well the HX40 turbo

Now as it's almost 16:00 here in Iceland only one more hour of work left for the day I can walk over to the truck and start working on it until this evening, picked up some new hoses for the oil feed to and from the turbo and gone install them tonight.

It's always good to make a list of things to do so you can see you status so I have decided to do just that....

1. Rear brakes need to be fixed or replaced
    2. New sealing rings in rear axle
    3. Install 54" led bar
    4. Find out problem with compressor (it will turn to maximum and shut off, won't come on when pressure is low. Any ideas?)
    5. Finish Turbo installation
    6. Inter-cooler look at options and space
    7. Air pipes from turbo 3" need to build them
    8. Extra electrical system to accessories
    9. Replace front and rear axle with new Dana 60 (The old once have been mixed so much it's hard to find parts. Project before next winter)
    10. Rebuild wheels on 46" widen them and install bead-lock (before next winter)
    11. Replace interior carpet on all floor with new one
    12. Build some interior box between the 2 front seats that I can fit in air suspension controls

Now let's make this list do for now and continue to work on the list and add more as it comes in to my head. As well always open for good ideas from you guys

One more thing, the truck is fitted with disk brakes on the rear that include handbrake in it, here is photo of the brake caliper if someone can identify it for me he be great help as I need some parts for it or I have to change the system to drum brakes back on the rear.

I can take some more photos and upload of the brake caliper if that is of more help

Attached Images Attached Images

10. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

I know there has not been any new post from me about the project in sometime now.

Well sorry to say work has been really busy and hardly no time for playing, now I have made up my mind and going to offer my project for sale as it looks like I will not have the time for it anytime soon.

Today i posted it for sale here in Iceland and the asking price is about 22.000 USD witch is still lower than the cost of starting new project like this here in Iceland. I am not sure if this is high price in the USA or low price.

If there is anyone in the USA interest to keep this project on going I be more than happy to see the truck going over seas to good new owner, I will do the best I can to help with arranging all transporting and getting the truck to ship.

I have only one request to new owner, that is that I will get to continue watch this project in the future as well I hope new owner will continue to post photos and news about how it's on going.

12. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear man. I was really enjoying your progress. Good luck with the sale. I hope it finds a good home.

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

14. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234