Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  26
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1987 Chevrolet Suburban 46" 6BT 12v Cummins SWAP

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

We finish the fuel injectors last night all cleaned out and tested the Red neck way by filling the nozzle with some fuel and blow it out with compressed air

At over 2 bar pressure the spray was looking good so we decide to install them back in, test run the motor and it starts better now as well there is more power, now we need to find some more information about the fuel pump to get more turbo boost. This Lucas CAV DPS is hard to find any information about online, hace only found for DPA and some other.

We did open facebook page for the truck just for the fun of it https://www.facebook.com/46suburban I will still continue to post photos here they just might get faster on the fb as it's easy to load from the phone directly there

There is some questions about turbo upgrade, there is H1C original this is HX40 that we are thinking about installing and see what good will come out of that

2. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

we are back after some busy time at work.

Order few 5 mm LED (500 pcs) from aliexpress and now I am re building the light in the dash.

Here is photo as I just started will post photo after

4. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

6. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Past the inspection today so all is great and on and off road ready

8. Likes Rockwerx, Weeseven liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Now that is a beast @polarbear.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

10. Top Of Page | #26
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I will be looking forward to seeing some action pics or videos of your machine out 4 wheeling! It looks like it will be a lot of fun!

11. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Well the plan is to put the 46" tires "winter tires" under soon and take a short trip during the holiday's to test it in snow now that we got snow here in Iceland finally. I will make sure to take photos and video to share here.

We are really looking forward to test it in snow as since this truck came out on the streets in 2011 I don't think it has found much snow.

12. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #28
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Some time ago I watched a cool video of a modified turbo diesel SUV that was outfitted for treking through the snow. The company was building these SUVs for snowy terrain in your country I believe. I can not recall what SUV it was though...thinking it may have been either a Toyota or a VW. Anyway, I loved seeing the terrain from your country. Looked like some challenging but fun areas to go exploring.

Good luck with your project!

14. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

This just arrived to my home with the mail. Now on our first test run in the holidays I will wear this for luck

15. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwerx View Post
    Some time ago I watched a cool video of a modified turbo diesel SUV that was outfitted for treking through the snow. The company was building these SUVs for snowy terrain in your country I believe. I can not recall what SUV it was though...thinking it may have been either a Toyota or a VW. Anyway, I loved seeing the terrain from your country. Looked like some challenging but fun areas to go exploring.

Good luck with your project!
    Yes that are actually few company's here that do this but I belive the company you are talking about is Arctic Trucks (http://www.arctictrucks.is) they mostly work with Toyota or Japanese trucks. I have owned some Toyotas as well in the past and must say they are light and good for driving on snow and you don't need as big tires in order to drive on the snow as you need in my case now. But I found it more comfortable to drive the large and heavy trucks so I rather go larger tires and more power

17. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast