Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: P1693 Engine Code?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member 6 in a row make em go's Avatar

User Info Menu

P1693 Engine Code?

hey i have a 2001 cummins i went to go start it the other day and it would not fire after messing with it it started but then immediately threw a p1693 and a camshaft positioning sensor code bank 1 circuit 1 so we swaped the camshaft positioning sensor cleared all codes but the truck still shows both codes even after clearing the computer it still runs seems a little different at idle but when driving then letting off the throttle it has a very rough idle sounding like it is going to stall out but once you are stopped it begins to idle fine again any tips thanks

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

P1693 Engine Code?

Quote Originally Posted by 6 in a row make em go View Post
    hey i have a 2001 cummins i went to go start it the other day and it would not fire after messing with it it started but then immediately threw a p1693 and a camshaft positioning sensor code bank 1 circuit 1 so we swaped the camshaft positioning sensor cleared all codes but the truck still shows both codes even after clearing the computer it still runs seems a little different at idle but when driving then letting off the throttle it has a very rough idle sounding like it is going to stall out but once you are stopped it begins to idle fine again any tips
    thanks
    What did you do to get it started?

I can't look up that code at the moment. I will be able to tomorrow. Sometimes other things can throw a bogus codes. But if it's hard to start, it could be the crank sensor is the real culprit. At the moment I'm guessing. Sorry I can't do more for you at the moment

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member 6 in a row make em go's Avatar

User Info Menu

P1693 Engine Code?

no problem and to get it started im not realy sure i kept blowing the fuse engine control 2 then i just tried the truck after a while and it started but i kept loosing fuel preasure because my harness for the airdog lift pump was coroded so im guesing thats what was shorting out and blowing the fuse i forgot to mention i also lost my rpm guage after it threw the cam shaft sensor code there are no other codes preasent besides those 2

4. Thanks SKIBBEE4thGEN thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

P1693 Engine Code?

Lost Tach is crank sensor. Probably why it's so hard to start.

Air Dog. My heros.

Better check all the connectors for corrosion. You can put some vasoline on the connectors before you reassemble them. Never corrode again.

Why are you popping #2 control fuse? Too small?

@6 in a row make em go

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

P1693 Engine Code?

no problem and to get it started im not realy sure i kept blowing the fuse engine control 2 then i just tried the truck after a while and it started but i kept loosing fuel preasure because my harness for the airdog lift pump was coroded so im guesing thats what was shorting out and blowing the fuse i forgot to mention i also lost my rpm guage after it threw the cam shaft sensor code there are no other codes preasent besides those 2
    P1693 is a "Fault in the companion module"

http://www.justanswer.com/dodge/38h2...ns-diesel.html

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21177 Six Pack has been around as long as I have. Last post

http://autorepair.about.com/library/a/1h/bl955h.htm This one will give you some direction. But you better get it scanned.

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

P1693 Engine Code?

So where you at with this?

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

P1693 Engine Code?

I know this is an old post; I may be trying to resurrect it and find an answer.

We were both coming back in our RAM trucks, a buddy of mine, and developed a buck or hiccup.

All was fine otherwise.

I scanned his truck; he had the code P1693 in his TCM and ECM, but no other codes would clear nor did, and he came right back.

I see it as a companion code, but it was the only code present.

I used an Autel MX808, which is a pretty powerful scan tool.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post