Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Reaper; A 2006 Ram 3500 That Is Not To Be Messed With!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Reaper; A 2006 Ram 3500 That Is Not To Be Messed With!

A nice little article wrote by Diesel Army on a truck we Sponsor called THE REAPER.

By
    Chad Westfall posted Today in Car Features

National events are great for seeing some of the coolest trucks in the surrounding area. When we went to Ennis, Texas for the NHRDA World Finals, we bumped into Kenda Proper and couldn't help but admire her 2006 Ram 3500 Sponsored by IGOTACUMMINS.COM.

Proper’s husband builds and races trucks. So, she has been around diesel motorsports for quite a few years and in April of 2013, was finally bitten by the bug. She decided that she wanted to participate and show her truck instead of just watching her husband. “I wanted to prove that women can build trucks just as good as men,” exclaimed Proper.

As a member of multiple forums she started build threads and decided to hold a naming contest. Reaper was quickly chosen as the name of the project and so, Reaper was born.
    The base truck is a 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 with a 5.9l Cummins backed by a 48RE automatic. Under the hood she has kept things pretty conservative due to her transmission. She is currently on number 4 and it is giving her problems. So, for power, she added a Smarty S06. She, also, upgraded her exhaust to a 5” exhaust system with dual 10” matte black tips.

A set of Firestone Ride Rite air bags in the back help keep the truck level when it is hooked to a trailer. Proper owns a mobile detail company and the truck is pretty much hooked to a trailer everyday (hence, the tranny problems).

Now that we have covered all the stuff you don’t immediately see, let’s talk about what you do see. To give the truck the right stance, a Rough Country 2.5 inch leveling kit was installed up front and then paired with a 5 inch suspension lift all the way around. With 7.5 inches of lift, the Reaper is able to clear 38/13.5R20 Toyo Tires MT Open Country tires that wrap Fuel Off Road Maverick 20×10 wheels.

Now you cannot have the truck named Reaper and have stock bumpers. So, Proper turned to Iron Cross Automotive to really toughen up the truck. Behind the front bull nose bumper is a Rok-Tek Fabrications grille insert. To ensure that Proper can see at night, the headlights were upgraded to Recon LEDs and a LED light bar was mounted on the front of the bumper. The rear taillights were, also, upgraded to a set of LED Altezza lights.

The most in your face aspect of the truck has to be the wrap.
    Graffix Xpress out of Odessa, TX designed and installed the wrap. The Reaper theme is not only along the side of the truck, but the hood and top of the cab. No matter how you look at this truck, there is something looking back at you.

With this being Proper’s daily ride, she installed a set of N-fab running boards to help he get in and out of the truck a little easier. On the inside, the center console was reworked to fit a standard double din head unit. Currently installed is a 7 inch Kenwood, that is wired into the factory speakers. The center console was, also, wrapped with flames.

Future modifications for Proper include a manual transmission conversion, larger lift and roof rack. If you dig the truck, make sure and follow the Reaper on Facebook!

MORE PICS BELOW!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

2. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes RogueDiesel liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for the post! I just want to take the time and thank everyone that's been apart of my build, especially those that have been here from the beginning.

IGOTACUMMINS.COM was Reapers first official sponsor and has stood behind me 100%. I can't thank you enough for believing in me and supporting me throughout this build process.

Would also like to thank RamNation, who was reapers 2nd official sponsor. You guys are awesome and anyone looking to join a ram group should definitely find them on Facebook! Rok-Tek Fabrication, Iron Cross, Fuel Offroad, Toyo tires, and Rigid will all be apart of this long build process, and hope to see everyone at SEMA 2015!!

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247, wildmank99 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thank you for letting us Sponsor you. It has been quite a ride.

6. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I've followed the build for a while now! Very sexy rig!!! Idk how I missed that it was sponsored by igota!?!

8. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    I've followed the build for a while now! Very sexy rig!!! Idk how I missed that it was sponsored by igota!?!
    Did you see she put The Reaper in the Rides?

10. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS.COM View Post
    Did you see she put The Reaper in the Rides?
    I didn't yet! Been busy so checking in on my phone the last few days.

12. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    I didn't yet! Been busy so checking in on my phone the last few days.
    Look at it!

14. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Ahhh

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

16. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Re: Reaper; A 2006 Ram 3500 That Is Not To Be Messed With!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenda06Reaper View Post
    Thanks for the post! I just want to take the time and thank everyone that's been apart of my build, especially those that have been here from the beginning.

IGOTACUMMINS.COM was Reapers first official sponsor and has stood behind me 100%. I can't thank you enough for believing in me and supporting me throughout this build process.

Would also like to thank RamNation, who was reapers 2nd official sponsor. You guys are awesome and anyone looking to join a ram group should definitely find them on Facebook! Rok-Tek Fabrication, Iron Cross, Fuel Offroad, Toyo tires, and Rigid will all be apart of this long build process, and hope to see everyone at SEMA 2015!!
    Kenda that is one badass truck! go get em girl i know you got a new build going on right?

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post