Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lope tune! Dodge Cummins! Got smoke??

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Im sure i will have plenty LOL.. i am a girl after all

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Somebody mention my name?? LOL. Yes the lope tune with or without smoke is just novelty. If you have a mini maxx it's pretty neato sotf. With an xrt pro, it's useless being you'd have to flash tune to have it and flash tune to get rid of it.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

3. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Somebody mention my name?? LOL. Yes the lope tune with or without smoke is just novelty. If you have a mini maxx it's pretty neato sotf. With an xrt pro, it's useless being you'd have to flash tune to have it and flash tune to get rid of it.
    Post your vid on here! That's the main reason I mentioned you LOL.

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

What is the long term effect of having it if for just a novelty sound ? and what all needs to be done to have it ?

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

6. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsbadgirl View Post
    What is the long term effect of having it if for just a novelty sound ? and what all needs to be done to have it ?
    What's needed is MCC, you have a mini so easy enough there, and a wizard for a custom tuner. 😃. Long term effects, IF you only use it as a novelty and let it warm up before kicking to that setting will be: a huge grin, giddiness, jealous friends and neighbors, and a few haters simply because there's always someone that's gotta hate.
    I know when messing around with it in mine, when it was cold it wouldn't burn all the fuel and wouldn't run quite right, would get white smoke like I had injector issues etc... But that was when she was cold, and my manual trans and being 3rd gen seemed to fight loping to begin with.

7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    What's needed is MCC, you have a mini so easy enough there, and a wizard for a custom tuner. 😃. Long term effects, IF you only use it as a novelty and let it warm up before kicking to that setting will be: a huge grin, giddiness, jealous friends and neighbors, and a few haters simply because there's always someone that's gotta hate.
    I know when messing around with it in mine, when it was cold it wouldn't burn all the fuel and wouldn't run quite right, would get white smoke like I had injector issues etc... But that was when she was cold, and my manual trans and being 3rd gen seemed to fight loping to begin with.
    Oh boy, here we go... 50 questions LOL... why does a manual trans and 3rd gen make a difference ? My truck is a manual too and if i want more hp later which i eventually WILL then i will need to get rid of lope tune, yes ?

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

8. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsbadgirl View Post
    Oh boy, here we go... 50 questions LOL... why does a manual trans and 3rd gen make a difference ? My truck is a manual too and if i want more hp later which i eventually WILL then i will need to get rid of lope tune, yes ?
    No problem on questions! The parameters that can be tuned are different, kinda, between 3rd and 4th gens. The problem we are having with mine is that in neutral there's no load on the engine which is what helps with the Lope tune. I honestly don't know if it will work right on yours, but I bet Ray can get it dialed in. As for getting rid of it to add more power, nope! There's 4 settings on the mini, how many do you actually use? I have stock, Tow, then street, and maxed out all out performance. I only ever actually use tow and performance. Street is play setting for lope, testing different tunes etc, and stock is valet mode LOL. So as you add parts, and keep updating to more power it can stay where you want it, the rest will just be tweaked and adjusted to work best with your new parts

9. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I'm pretty tied up today but I'll load up a video to a skydrive tomorrow and post a link. 3rd Gen and 4th Gen 6.7 trucks are different to tune. We messed around with Drew's truck quite a bit. He had the hardest setup for me to figure out since he had a 3rd Gen 6.7 manual. Manual trucks and automatic trucks have different amounts of engine load at idle and that effects lope. The 4th Gen auto truck is the easiest to make lope.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

11. Likes Wildkarrd RRD liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

For the most part i stay on street, very few times do i go into performance LOL... uh huh yeah right... ohhh k mayb more than a few but no i generally keep it in street mode, so there isnt anything other than mcc and a wizard tuner to do ? I'm gonna go back and re-read the thread cus i thought other stuff mechanically needed to be done ? Ughhh.. silly me

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

13. Top Of Page | #20
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Nope, the lope is all tuning. You've already put your bad girl on the EPA diet so your good to go. Now to add some umph, and make her go faster, you'll want some hard parts to help support.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast