Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4th gen tailgate on 3rd gen.

1. Top Of Page | #1

4th gen tailgate on 3rd gen.

Is anybody on here running the 4th gen tailgate on a 3rd gen? I'm interested in doing it also seeing some pics.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I've thought about the same thing a time or two.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    I think it would look mint.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

why would you want too? Is there that much of a difference?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5
    4th gen bumpers look so much better

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

You talking tailgates or bumpers? Or both?

I agree on the bumper. But I don't ride behind my truck. LOL I'd never see it

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Tailgate wise, just the clean line in it

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Part of me likes the lip on the top, part of me doesn't.... If I could get a 4th gen tailgate that matches paint color and doesn't take much to line up and work I'd give it a shot.
    Bumper wise, there's some heavy duty bumpers out there I'd rather have that look good. Got my eyes on the buckstop brand.

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

lavon miller has a 4th gen tailgate on his third gen i think it looks awesome

10. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eigerider View Post
    lavon miller has a 4th gen tailgate on his third gen i think it looks awesome
    that looks like it belongs

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast