Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: G56 Lube

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

G56 Lube

Alright, finally admitted to myself that something wasn't 100% with my trans. Currently have south bend DD organic/ceramic clutch, and running Mobil delvac 50trans fluid filled 1qt over with archoil's oil additive along with it. Seems to take forever to get the fluid warmed up to where it's anywhere close to calling smooth. Even warm idk if I can truly claim it's as smooth as the G56 is known for.
    So finally the point of all this, could it be as simple as my lube? What are y'all using? Or when my dual mass clutch decided to self destruct and I had to drive it a couple days did I F it up? Doubt my days at the track and mud races hurt it simply because I haven't noticed any change between before and after those runs. Just seems to catch, or hang a bit rowing thru the gears unless I wait until it's wrapped up and catch it just right.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

So I think I've decided to throw 6-7 quarts of ATF+4 in the trans with some archoil 9100 and see what happens

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

what about throwing Rotella in there? 5W-40 and the arch oil.

The other option is you can move to Texas.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #4
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Syncromesh is suppose to be the oil in the transmission

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
    Syncromesh is suppose to be the oil in the transmission
    Never dealt with, or think I've ever seen synchromesh on the shelves around here. Who/what is saying that's the recommended oil?

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

After doing a touch of digging, which flavor of synchromesh do you recommend? Pennzoil(yuck) Lucas, mtl, royal purple, amsoil...

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I personally use amsoil however they all do the same thing, pic the brand that you prefer

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
    I personally use amsoil however they all do the same thing, pic the brand that you prefer
    Smart man.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

While speaking with my local mechanic, he said something about shimming the input shaft. Said last few clutch jobs he's done he's had to add a shim to the input shaft to reduce play. Wondering if that's my problem now or not. Idk... I'll try out synchromesh (valvoline makes one they just call MTF) with some archoil and see what happens. I really don't wanna have to pull my tranny just to check shaft play

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Yea there is a max amount of input shaft play you have to look for, if to much you'll destroy the case. No more the 0.010 deflection, and with the nv5600 I don't have to worry haha

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast