90HP Dynomite Injs.
    Cat. Removed
    Wallet Empty
    AutoMeter Pyro.

3. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Re: G56 Lube

Quote Originally Posted by Wildkarrd RRD View Post
    Alright, finally admitted to myself that something wasn't 100% with my trans. Currently have south bend DD organic/ceramic clutch, and running Mobil delvac 50trans fluid filled 1qt over with archoil's oil additive along with it. Seems to take forever to get the fluid warmed up to where it's anywhere close to calling smooth. Even warm idk if I can truly claim it's as smooth as the G56 is known for.
    So finally the point of all this, could it be as simple as my lube? What are y'all using? Or when my dual mass clutch decided to self destruct and I had to drive it a couple days did I F it up? Doubt my days at the track and mud races hurt it simply because I haven't noticed any change between before and after those runs. Just seems to catch, or hang a bit rowing thru the gears unless I wait until it's wrapped up and catch it just right.
    I have been using Redline MTL 90, its a full synthetic 75X90 made for MTL ie GL4. On cold mornings, a little clumsy shifting down, but that problem is very short lived.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Re: G56 Lube

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
    I personally use amsoil however they all do the same thing, pic the brand that you prefer
    You mention Amsoil.

Any experience with their Long-Life Synthetic SAE 50 trans lube?

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234