Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: G56 Lube

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
    Yea there is a max amount of input shaft play you have to look for, if to much you'll destroy the case. No more the 0.010 deflection, and with the nv5600 I don't have to worry haha
    Lmao, rub it in! I'm waiting for mine to grenade on me then I'll swap for the NV. I'm just hoping it doesn't happen anytime soon tho

2. Top Of Page | #12
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Well fill the case and run nicely and you should be able to keep it going

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Filling the case is the plan, running nicely... No promises

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I personally use amsoil however they all do the same thing, pic the brand that you prefer
    Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS.COM View Post
    Smart man.
    Pick the brand he prefers? Yes smart man. Amsoil is just too expensive

Spencer you'll have to remember I'm from the 50's when one oil fits all. 150 gear oil was about the only thing different. I remember in the 70's they were using ATF in the manual gear boxes and they were failing left and right. It was an MPG thing. Now you know where I am coming from. I forgot what trans I was dealing with.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I like amsoil, in theory, but honestly I think there's other options that are significantly cheaper and perform just minimally under amsoil. Not enough of a difference to justify the difference in price, or availability

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Yes I know back then using atf was highly sought after but no one understood that the oil destroys the gears because of the properties and the micro beads inside it.

And I still say pick what you prefer, yea I could push you to use something but if you don't like it your going to make every excuse not to have it, all the oils are the same just different additive packages are put into em

7. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I personally use amsoil however they all do the same thing, pic the brand that you prefer
    Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    I like amsoil, in theory, but honestly I think there's other options that are significantly cheaper and perform just minimally under amsoil. Not enough of a difference to justify the difference in price, or availability
    Yes I know back then using atf was highly sought after but no one understood that the oil destroys the gears because of the properties and the micro beads inside it.

And I still say pick what you prefer, yea I could push you to use something but if you don't like it your going to make every excuse not to have it, all the oils are the same just different additive packages are put into em
    SSDD Is there really that much of a difference in the performance? Think simple. It's allot of Hype. Even the Archoil. At least the fuel additive works and is less cost than adding cetane. I can't say anything lasted longer using the best over good quality lubricants. These aren't space shuttles.

As for you, you crazy Canuck, You're right. I am just voicing my opinion on Amsoil. I feel it's way too expensive for the return. I had better results with my filtration system than the Amsoil bypass too.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

My view on it is the same as the argument of snap-on vs craftsman. Both great broducts, but is the expensive brand really worth the price difference? When snap-on and matco came by every week the convenience was worth it to me. Now that I have to travel to get a tool warranty it's not. If amsoil was sitting on a shelf, and I could go get it just as easy as rotella or valvoline then I'd probably use it, but to me it's not worth the added cost.

9. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

But we all know mac tools is better

10. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

But we all know mac tools is better
    Sorry does not compute.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast