Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: FASS

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

FASS

As many of you know, I have had a few Ram Cummins. Quite a few. The dealer says I have purchased 13 from him and 2 used. One I have now.

I had a FASS on my 04 and it was never a problem, but there were only minimal mods on the truck. My 08 I had a Stinky Dog. Some of you older members recall my injector problems. They were created by 2 sets of Air Dog filters that rusted internally. How that can happen has me baffled. The rust got through to the injectors and. . . Well you know from there. $850 a piece. I had to replace the injectors twice. Air Dog was very arrogant and refused to stand behind their product failure. I found out later they had many problems with the filters and had 4 vendors in 2 years.

On my current 03, I installed a FASS. I have had a slight problem with pressure in the beginning, but it stayed in the safe area. But in time, the pressure would drop off again. Change the filters, and it's back up. Recently if started to fall off to 10 PSI at 1700 RPM, in lower gears. But come up to 15 at idle. I have been going back and forth with the Techs at Fass. One of them owns an 05. I have to say, FASS has been right there for me after 2 years. They are supporting me with no questions asked. They sent me a new regulator spring and ball. Unlike Brand X, they know what they are talking about.

They also told me that 03 diesels tank fuel socks tend to plug up easily. One of our guys went through that just a few weeks ago. I had already cleaned my tank sock.

This is a partial rant on Air Dog, and why I won't recommend them. It is a praise to FASS and a thanks for being a quality company.

Gene You Da Man

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Wildkarrd RRD, K-Sons, F350Cummins thanked for this post
    Likes K-Sons, F350Cummins, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

We love to hear stories of companies like this.

"The grass is greener where you water it"