Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manifold Absolute Pressure

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Manifold Absolute Pressure

I was driving my truck today on about a 3 hour highway drive doing about 70 when I had to pass. I pulled out slightly stepped on it and my CTS went CRAZY showing my MAP alarm, which, I found out is set to 40.

Any reason I should not turn this off? I assume the performance shop set this as I don't remember ever turning it on.

Cheers

The only practical use for that pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should not have dropped in the first place!!

2012 Ram 3500 6.7 HO Black QC SB - Full EGR/DPF Delete, 4" Flow Pro Turbo Back - FASS Titanium 150 with sump and fuel heater - Awesome Double R Tune

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

What other mods are there again?

Your description is OK But http://igotacummins.com/showthread.php/3219-IF-YOU-NEED-HELP!-Protocol

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Sorry, I know, just had a brain fart!!!

Sinister EGR/DPF delete, 4" turbo back, XRT Pro on Non ATT Street 3 tune with Edge CTS monitor

The only practical use for that pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should not have dropped in the first place!!

2012 Ram 3500 6.7 HO Black QC SB - Full EGR/DPF Delete, 4" Flow Pro Turbo Back - FASS Titanium 150 with sump and fuel heater - Awesome Double R Tune

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gsxrgrizz View Post
    Sorry, I know, just had a brain fart!!!

Sinister EGR/DPF delete, 4" turbo back, XRT Pro on Non ATT Street 3 tune with Edge CTS monitor
    Psssst Pssst What year

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Ah crap!!!!! 2012 6.7 Ram

It's quickly becoming a long night!!!

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Idk what/why that would have an alarm set.... Maybe I'm missing something important on my 09, but I've never taken even a glance at the MAP gauge. Boost, EBP, EGT, and rail pressure are what I worry about

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

OK, thanks I'll just turn it off then. Just wanted to make sure I really did not have to pay attention to it first before I did.

On a side note, what should my max fuel rail pressure be?? I'm looking at KPSI

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Depends on tune and what your pump can do. I think I peak at 26ksi, but my FPRV is shimmed. If you didn't shim, or cap yours then it'll pop and throw a code if your going too high

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Ok, I am running street 3 right now. I've not had a problem as if yet, I was just wondering what the limit was as it's up on my gauges anyway

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The main thing you'll wanna watch there is if it drastically drops at some point (will indicate FPRV popped), or changes on you such as today getting on the hwy it hit 23ksi, but tomorrow doing same exact thing you only see 17ksi,

11. Likes K-Sons liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast