Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: turbo not getting oil

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: turbo not getting oil

If there is oil flow from the top of the housing and the line then i am at a loss cuz it come from the pump to the filter housing thru the line to the turbo

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

if you take the filter off, and just crank the engine with a bucket under where the filter goes, check if there is oil getting to the filter. as for the mechanical gauge, just look for a mechanical oil pressure gauge and order a few different thread size fittings and adaptors for it. I use mine on everything from my truck to my oil furnace in the house.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

3. Top Of Page | #23
    Instagram Manager IG Operations's Avatar

User Info Menu

turbo not getting oil

Truckworx and tothelimotorsportz both sell QAULITY gauges. And they'll hook you up

Tag us @ #igotacummins_com to have your photos reposted.

4. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

If i knew where he was I have some time Sunday.

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

6 in a row makes her go

5. Top Of Page | #25
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

ok, id like to thank everyone for their help, i now have oil flow to my turbo after blowing through the lines with compressed air and heavy priming, however i still have a god awful scream coming from the turbo, i recently rebuilt it because i thought the bearings were going out but i didnt know the problem was no oil flow, would the scream come from running it with no oil flow and should i rebuild it again or try a new one? or is there any way to fix it as is? also the fan shaft had turned blue but not where it touches the bearings but in the middle gap between the two bearings.
    on another note the line coming from the front injector i can feel and hear a tap like somethings hitting it i pulled the injector to check for damage but nothing. does anyone know what this might be? I'm also getting a lot of black smoke and wondering if something with this injector noise might be causing it.
    again thank you all for your help this site has helped so much.

6. Likes K-Sons liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #26
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: turbo not getting oil

Quote Originally Posted by JakeChild View Post
    ok, id like to thank everyone for their help, i now have oil flow to my turbo after blowing through the lines with compressed air and heavy priming, however i still have a god awful scream coming from the turbo, i recently rebuilt it because i thought the bearings were going out but i didnt know the problem was no oil flow, would the scream come from running it with no oil flow and should i rebuild it again or try a new one? or is there any way to fix it as is? also the fan shaft had turned blue but not where it touches the bearings but in the middle gap between the two bearings.
    on another note the line coming from the front injector i can feel and hear a tap like somethings hitting it i pulled the injector to check for damage but nothing. does anyone know what this might be? I'm also getting a lot of black smoke and wondering if something with this injector noise might be causing it.
    again thank you all for your help this site has helped so much.
    First thing glad to hear ya go oil flow back to the turbo. Second the screamin could be because of the no flow issue. If it were me i would rebuild it and see if that fixes the noise problem. As for the injector noise i am not as good on common rails but it sounds like it may be an internal problem in the injector which could also cause exessive black smoke

8. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

ya time for another rebuild by the sounds of it? no oil ,means no lube to the bearings ,means time for rebuild,,,sorry man but sad but true

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

9. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

I hate to say it, listen to dave IF you need the truck right away or need a few weeks with the truck to gain the funds, pull the bearings and load them up with some low viscosity oil then again with some higher viscosity oil, and make sure they are smooth and reinstall them the whine should go away, although it is TEMPARORY and is along the rules, once it makes a bad noise its shot, but you can possibly temporarily make it better once in this case.

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty

6 in a row makes her go

10. Top Of Page | #29
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

No i don't need it quite at the moment i have two other rides, a 68 Lincoln and a 94 chevy with a 71 350 in it, they just don't pull quite as good haha. Ill go ahead and leave her down and get that rebuild kit ordered, and ill let y'all know how it turns out! thanks!

11. Likes K-Sons liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

sounds good,,

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast