Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: high egts

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Williams View Post
    i've been keeping them under 1200 but they just get there so fast. even taking off from a red light i have to lift my foot to let them come down. cruising down the highway at 70 they run about 1000, and thats with the truck empty i'll be pulling a trailer and i know there gonna go up with that on there. oh and the waste gate is plugged off on the turbo... just found that one out got to looking around and saw that.
    Cruising at 1000 is high. My 03 runs about 675 at 70 on flats. 200* cooler would help.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #32
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

high egts

What turbine wheel and exhaust housing on the 63? How much boost is it running WOT and cruising? I bet most of your problem is in the tuning if you don't have any boost or drive leaks

3. Top Of Page | #33
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have no idea what turbine wheel the turbo has or the exhaust housing on it. Bought the truck with all this stuff on here. I think the guy just threw it on and never finished tuning it. now it is just giving me more and more headaches. I've de tuned the smarty jr. got it on fuel economy setting with the timing slightly advanced and my egts are still high. What about probe placement? where is the best place for the egt probe? I've heard in the exhaust manifold between 5 & 6, Ive heard in the exhaust flange before the turbo and i've heard after the turbo. what are yalls opinions? Really would like to get this truck lined out.

4. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

between 5 and 6 is going to be your hottest places since it is the farthest air intake

5. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Replacing or cleaning the EGT probe will make it read hotter.

Do you know what injectors are in the truck? I forget is you told us.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #36
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

the truck has 100 hp injectors.

7. Top Of Page | #37
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Really would like to get these under control i'm afraid to pull my trailer if they are this high with the truck empty, i know they would be really high with the trailer. Where else could i look? What else could cause the high egts?

8. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

That's where the EGT's are coming from. . . . Those 100's

9. Top Of Page | #39
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Need bigger turbo

10. Likes White6.7 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Thinking a bigger exhaust manifold would help too

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast