Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini Maxx vs. Edge CTS

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Mini Maxx vs. Edge CTS

As some of you are aware, I am deleting my truck next week (September 8th) in Calgary. I've decided to do a complete EGR delete and replace the NOx and DPF with a 4" Flo Pro turbo back with muffler for the wife as she wants to keep it sounding stock.

Where I now need help and advice is with the tuner!!! I had planned on using the Mini Maxx but have read they is not very good as gauges as......

1. It's extremely small and hard to see
    2. You can only monitor 4 things
    3. It only has a few colours
    4. It's not a touch screen
    5. You can't add a turbo timer (not sure about this)

Currently, I have the Edge CTS monitor pillar mounted and quite like the gauge and it's setup. I am afraid, shift on the fly may be tarnished by an inferior display. I am trying to decide if I should just stick with the Mini Maxx setup or should I go with the XRT Pro, only have one custom tune I stick with, add the turbo timer and use my CTS as a monitor.

I like the Mini Maxx as I was told it can be set to run stock until the engine is warm....I don't think the XRT can do that. That being said, the CTS is a great setup gauge wise and can run a turbo timer!!!

Warming the engine to full operating temp is also one of my concerns as, living in Canada, I don't always have the weather on my side to allow me the luxury of full operating temps prior to driving. Sometimes all I can spare is 5 min while I am getting my gear as I have to jump in and get gone. Working in the Emergency Services field.....patients generally don't understand that it took more time to respond cause I had to properly warm my truck first as it's been deleted!!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! I just don't want to make the wrong decision and regret it later!!! I'm afraid not slit can compare to the polished look of the CTS!!!

The only practical use for that pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should not have dropped in the first place!!

2012 Ram 3500 6.7 HO Black QC SB - Full EGR/DPF Delete, 4" Flow Pro Turbo Back - FASS Titanium 150 with sump and fuel heater - Awesome Double R Tune

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

The H&S does a superior job on the deletes.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I've got both and I'm seriously consider going back to the XRT and edge combo.

2012 Lonestar Edition Mineral Gray 3500 DRW CrewCab 4x4 6.7/68RFE 3.73, 125,000 miles and climbing, Revmax Valvebody, AFE Bladerunner Intake horn, Michellin LTX AT2, CHR550 Lockpick, Mopar Kicker Speaker Upgrades, Mopar Kicker 10" Sub, Synergy Steering Box Brace, Edge CTS Insight

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    The H&S does a superior job on the deletes.
    Is the XRT Pro not H&S also?? Not trying to sound like a smart a$$, I thought they were both made by the same company.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    I've got both and I'm seriously consider going back to the XRT and edge combo.
    Why? What are the differences???

The only practical use for that pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should not have dropped in the first place!!

2012 Ram 3500 6.7 HO Black QC SB - Full EGR/DPF Delete, 4" Flow Pro Turbo Back - FASS Titanium 150 with sump and fuel heater - Awesome Double R Tune

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Yes it is a h&s product does the same thing a mini will. Minus shift on the fly and gauges. The cts is great for gauges.

2012 Lonestar Edition Mineral Gray 3500 DRW CrewCab 4x4 6.7/68RFE 3.73, 125,000 miles and climbing, Revmax Valvebody, AFE Bladerunner Intake horn, Michellin LTX AT2, CHR550 Lockpick, Mopar Kicker Speaker Upgrades, Mopar Kicker 10" Sub, Synergy Steering Box Brace, Edge CTS Insight

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yes the XRT is H&S but it's just the programming box. No gauges, that's why he was using edge in the combo. H&S is still one of the best for a true delete programmer and this way you get the best of both worlds. Best programmer paired with best electronic gauges.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Might talk to those double r boys about the custom tune.

8. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    Might talk to those double r boys about the custom tune.
    @Double R Diesel @Tex is talking about you.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

10. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

As for the "defuels" that the mini can do, no the XRT can't do that. You are kinda stuck without that luxury, but in all reality it's not the end all safety net a lot of guys expect it to be either. I still managed to lift my head with defuels set. Now with that being said, I also get having to jump in and go. Just give it as much time as you can, and baby the go pedal, don't let the RPMs get clear to red line when she's cold and you'll be ok. The problems everyone runs into is generally caused from hammering on the fuel when it's cold.

12. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

The best "defuel" is your right foot. I have all mine off on my mini.

14. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast