Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mini Maxx vs. Edge CTS

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

If you were in my shoes, and had the CTS already hooked up, would you ultimately go with, the Mini Maxx still or the XRT Pro?

I really want to love the Mini Maxx and the shift on the fly capabilities but am not really sure how often I would be shifting on the fly anyway. One of my friends has that option and has not changed programs in 5 years making the XRT the front runner.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, with the XRT there is no real need to worry about timing vs de-fuelling as you only have one program to deal with.

One question though, can the XRT Pro also do the 68RFE transmission tuning as well??

As for the custom tune, I spoke with Ray while I was at my condo in Mexico. Once this is all done, Double R definitely will he writing a tune for me!!!

The only practical use for that pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should not have dropped in the first place!!

2012 Ram 3500 6.7 HO Black QC SB - Full EGR/DPF Delete, 4" Flow Pro Turbo Back - FASS Titanium 150 with sump and fuel heater - Awesome Double R Tune

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

If I was in your shoes I'd go with the XRT. Only thing I use my shift on the fly for is R&D for new tunes. Otherwise I'm either on performance or tow setting, street is used to test new ideas LOL. That and you already have the CTS and like it, your used to it so why spend more money for another E gauge setup you know you won't like? As for the defuel on the mini it is set to bring you to the stock tuning when it hits. Which can be worst than the what is causing the defuel setting. No you don't really have to worry about timing because on 4th gens the timing is for the entire file not each tune like on 3rd gens.
    Glad to hear you'll be going thru us for custom tunes. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. On the safety side, Ray will make sure you have the performance your wanting and the safest tune possible. I've pushed my truck as far as it can go with his tuning and haven't broken anything engine related. Might not seem like much, but trust me it says a lot on the safety of his tunes.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Mini Maxx vs. Edge CTS

Thanks for the reply, it really does help!!! Despite desperately wanting to love the Mini Maxx as I am a definite bells and whistles kind of guy, I think in the end I would be happier with the CTS display as it seems miles ahead.

In addition, I think that once I find a safe tune I am happy with, I am also a set it and forget it kind of guy!! Besides, there is nothing to say That I can't have multiple tunes saved for the XRT, I can only use then one at a time.

That being said, how does the XRT handle issues like high EGT's, boost or engine temp? Do I just set an alarm on the CTS and back off when it goes off as there is no de-fuelling or us there an automated safety net?

Besides, when all is said and done, I think I LOVE the idea of a turbo timer as an additional option with the CTS!!

The only practical use for that pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should not have dropped in the first place!!

2012 Ram 3500 6.7 HO Black QC SB - Full EGR/DPF Delete, 4" Flow Pro Turbo Back - FASS Titanium 150 with sump and fuel heater - Awesome Double R Tune

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Then there's your solution. I know having too many options can make the decision tough LOL.

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    As for the "defuels" that the mini can do, no the XRT can't do that. You are kinda stuck without that luxury, but in all reality it's not the end all safety net a lot of guys expect it to be either. I still managed to lift my head with defuels set. Now with that being said, I also get having to jump in and go. Just give it as much time as you can, and baby the go pedal, don't let the RPMs get clear to red line when she's cold and you'll be ok. The problems everyone runs into is generally caused from hammering on the fuel when it's cold.
    It kind if sounds to me that defuels are almost a false sense if security in the fact that they somewhat help in one area but can be very detrimental in another. I get the feeling the XRT Pro is a safer option as you are only using one duration as apposed to trying to make five work....am I on track???

As for the comment above with reference to warming up.....I don't think I've ever actually came close to redline. At best the highest I've EVER reached was roughly 2500-3000 and for me, that's hammering on it!!!!!

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Well I swapped back to the XRT and edge cts insight combo. Edge is much better for gauges plus u can have 10 at 1 time.

2012 Lonestar Edition Mineral Gray 3500 DRW CrewCab 4x4 6.7/68RFE 3.73, 125,000 miles and climbing, Revmax Valvebody, AFE Bladerunner Intake horn, Michellin LTX AT2, CHR550 Lockpick, Mopar Kicker Speaker Upgrades, Mopar Kicker 10" Sub, Synergy Steering Box Brace, Edge CTS Insight

7. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

That makes me wish I went that route! Dats sexy right there

8. Thanks Hollnagel thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Anyone know how the roll and pitch work?? When mine is displayed it was WAY off!!! My truck apparently lists to the one side and the front is significantly lower than the rear!! You're looks fairly level.

10. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Get on level ground then go to the screen where the gforce screen is. I think when u zero it or calibrate whichever it is called. Then it will zero the pitch and roll to I think.

2012 Lonestar Edition Mineral Gray 3500 DRW CrewCab 4x4 6.7/68RFE 3.73, 125,000 miles and climbing, Revmax Valvebody, AFE Bladerunner Intake horn, Michellin LTX AT2, CHR550 Lockpick, Mopar Kicker Speaker Upgrades, Mopar Kicker 10" Sub, Synergy Steering Box Brace, Edge CTS Insight

11. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Do you know how I would zero it??? I was unaware you could do that

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast