Thanks Thanks:  1,025
Likes Likes:  4,138
Page 1 of 139 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What Did You Do To Your 4th Gen Today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

What Did You Do To Your 4th Gen Today?

This thread will just be showing off little things that you have done to your truck.

I've made several modifications to mine.

Here is my most recent.

I'll list more after a while.

Changed diff fluid with Amsoil severe gear 75/90.

Installed an AAM diff cover.

2012 Lonestar Edition Mineral Gray 3500 DRW CrewCab 4x4 6.7/68RFE 3.73, 125,000 miles and climbing, Revmax Valvebody, AFE Bladerunner Intake horn, Michellin LTX AT2, CHR550 Lockpick, Mopar Kicker Speaker Upgrades, Mopar Kicker 10" Sub, Synergy Steering Box Brace, Edge CTS Insight

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN, Achernan28 thanked for this post
    Likes Snow Dodge, Jman, Jeep4high liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Looks good! Any issues with the AAM cover? I am planning to replace the cover when it is time for the fluid change.

4. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes Snow Dodge liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

No issues at all. Only down side is no drain plug but I only change mine about every 50,000 miles with the Amsoil. Plus the axles are AAM so it's an oe replacement.

This is where I found it. It's popular because it's about the cheapest finned cover u can buy.

https://www.drivetrainamerica.com/p-...cover-kit.aspx

2012 Lonestar Edition Mineral Gray 3500 DRW CrewCab 4x4 6.7/68RFE 3.73, 125,000 miles and climbing, Revmax Valvebody, AFE Bladerunner Intake horn, Michellin LTX AT2, CHR550 Lockpick, Mopar Kicker Speaker Upgrades, Mopar Kicker 10" Sub, Synergy Steering Box Brace, Edge CTS Insight

6. Thanks Power247, DRD, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes Snow Dodge liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Re: What Did You Do To Your 4th Gen Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollnagel View Post
    No issues at all.

The only downside is no drain plug, but I only change mine about every 50,000 miles with the Amsoil.

Plus, the axles are AAM, so it's an OE replacement.

This is where I found it.

It's popular because it's about the cheapest finned cover you can buy.

https://www.drivetrainamerica.com/p-...cover-kit.aspx
    Crazy, I bought that exact unit from amazon, genuine OE, and it was 97 bucks.

Came with the new reusable gasket even.

It's on my truck now.

I love the looks.

I was way underpriced when I got it.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Some under the hood stuff.

Airaid intake

Afe intake horn with sinister goodies

10. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Airaid intake

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/...psi4zvgldx.jpg

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/...pssiadvyrr.jpg
    Had a question, do you have any leaks after doing the throttle valve delete or any really loud boost noises? After doing my throttle delete over the weekend it's making a weird noise. Maybe it's normal I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by raayyy_raayyy View Post
    Had a question, do you have any leaks after doing the throttle valve delete or any really loud boost noises? After doing my throttle delete over the weekend it's making a weird noise. Maybe it's normal I'm not sure.

I have a GDP air horn with throttle and grid heater delete. I deleted the throttle valve when I deleted the EGR and exhaust so I couldn't tell for sure but when I deleted the grid heater and added the air horn, I could tell that the increased air flow was a little louder. The biggest sound difference was deleting the Silencer ring in the turbo!

13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by raayyy_raayyy View Post

No I don't have any noises from doing the delete.

I'd look it over again if I was you.

14. Likes Power247, TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

No I don't have any noises from doing the delete.

I'd look it over again if I was you.
    Yeah mines making like a whistling noise when I get up to about 1500-2000 Rpms it's weird but I was going to do a run through of everything.

16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Airaid intake

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/...psi4zvgldx.jpg

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/...pssiadvyrr.jpg
    How do you like AFE intake horn bud ? Did it make a difference ?

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

Page 1 of 139 1231151101 ... LastLast