Thanks Thanks:  1,025
Likes Likes:  4,138
Page 141 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1473

Thread: What Did You Do To Your 4th Gen Today?

1. Top Of Page | #1401

User Info Menu

Re: What Did You Do To Your 4th Gen Today?

Nothing Major: At the 15,195-mile mark, I chose to change my Front Fuel filter this morning.

1. Added about 12" of extra (Clear tubing) to the existing tubing from the housing - now the tubing drains from just behind the back of the front axle housing. (No Splattered Diesel Mess)
    2. Removed the OEM (Polisher) filter and replaced it with a Luberfiner L6806FXL filter. (Perfect Fit) - rated for 5 micron @ 99% Absolute.
    3. Lubed new and replaced O-Ring & replaced the cap and tightened enough to where my common sense said to stop.
    4. Added the normal 8oz Mix of Fuel Additive (Alliant Power - UltraGuard & Hot Shots Secret - EDT) - Primed system 2X, and she fired right up.
    5. Drove her to the Truck Stop and topped her off with 15 gallons of fresh diesel & took her on a 15 mile High Spirited Run - No Issues & No Leaks.

Since the additional install of the (Spin-On) Donaldson DBF5817 out back - the front filter will stay in service for 25K miles.
    Also today - Looking into the Fleetguard FF5814 (Reported to be closer to a 2-3 Micron rating @ 99% Absolute) - have not seen one ounce of white paper data from Fleetguard to verify this.

To be honest - I've changed alot of diesel fuel filters and this filter really looks like it could have stayed in service for much - much longer.
    Gives me full confidence the Luberfiner filter can easily handle the 25K mile task.

After all the horror stories of the first time this filter is serviced - the plastic cap is reported by many to be super tight - mine was not.
    I did do this service with the 6.7L cold - so that might have played a large part in this.

My Service intervals on these filters are as such
    1. Front (Polisher Filter) ---------------> Every 25K miles -------------- (5 microns @ 99% absolute) -------->Luberfiner LF6806FXL
    2. Rear (Water Separator Filter) -----> Every 15K miles ---------------(10 - 20 microns @ 99% absolute) ->Luberfiner LFF5106
    3. Main (Spin-On Filter) ---------------> Every 15K miles ---------------(3-4 microns @ 99% absolute) ------>Donaldson Blue DBF5817

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #1402

User Info Menu

After 3 months, I finally got mine on the road!

2014 Laramie Longhorn. Stock, for now.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #1403

User Info Menu

What Did You Do To Your 4th Gen Today?

Yesterday I changed the fluid and filter on my Aisin transmission.

Previously while under warranty, I allowed the dealership to do it.

As I removed the drain plug, it got tighter and harder to turn. I managed to remove it and found the threads were stripped due to over-tightening.

I called the dealership parts department, and after checking, they said there is no plug in stock anywhere in the State of Alaska. I ended up finding a Dorman replacement with the correct threads (M10-1.5) and crush washer at NAPA, P/N 704-1915.

The rest of the procedure went well; I installed the filter, new gasket, and drain plug (torqued correctly).

I filled it up with 2 gallons of ASRC fluid and started the engine.

Immediately got a check engine light, checked the MM3, “no codes found.”

I hooked up my Autoenginuity scan tool, found and cleared the following codes P0868-00 (Transmission Fluid Pressure Low) and U0402 (Implausible Data Received From TCM).

Test drove and checked levels, added 1/2 Qt additional, all good and no leaks.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Top Of Page | #1404

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I called the dealership parts department, and after checking, they said there is no plugin stock anywhere in the State of Alaska. I ended up finding a Dorman replacement with the correct threads (M10-1.5) and crush washer at NAPA, P/N 704-1915.

The rest of the procedure went well; I installed the filter, new gasket, and drain plug (torqued correctly).

I hooked up my Autoenginuity scan tool, found and cleared the following codes P0868-00 (Transmission Fluid Pressure Low) and U0402 (Implausible Data Received From TCM).

Awesome!

It shows if you want something done right, do it yourself, and don’t trust the dealership. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

7. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #1405

User Info Menu

I installed some fender flares today.

Attached Images Attached Images

9. Top Of Page | #1406

User Info Menu

Those look great!

What brand are they, and was it hard to install?

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, SyN, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #1407

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Those look great!

What brand are they, and was it hard to install?

There bushwhacker max coverage flares.

Not hard at all took maybe about an hr.

12. Top Of Page | #1408

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Yesterday I changed the fluid and filter on my Aisin transmission.

Previously while under warranty, I allowed the dealership to do it.

As I removed the drain plug, it got tighter and harder to turn. I managed to remove it and found the threads were stripped due to over-tightening.

I called the dealership parts department, and after checking, they said there is no plug in stock anywhere in the State of Alaska. I ended up finding a Dorman replacement with the correct threads (M10-1.5) and crush washer at NAPA, P/N 704-1915.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...08a317aed2.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...7787fe7291.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...f571a33578.jpg

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't even trust my dealership to top off washer fluid, LOL.

2016 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Cummins Deleted

13. Top Of Page | #1409

User Info Menu

Major wheel bearing failure at 102500 miles.

Yesterday.

Factory set.

Other is loose also.

It seems like I remember parts like bearings were greasable and not built to last just for the warranty.

I would never put the factory back in.

China if I must but not OEM if that's all I get from a set.

The 05 got 276000 miles out of the driver side, and the passenger side is still going.

14. Top Of Page | #1410

User Info Menu

Replaced the hydro booster today not too bad, and my wife got me a top side creeper for Father’s Day just in time to do it which made it even easier.

I just wish it would have fixed my problem.

2014 2500 on Fuel rims, custom aluminum grill emblem, mm3 DRD tuned, 4” jamo tbe exhaust, led fog lights, steering box brace, took Vinyl off doors.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 141 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143 ... LastLast