Thanks Thanks:  1,027
Likes Likes:  4,147
Page 18 of 148 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: What Did You Do To Your 4th Gen Today?

1. Top Of Page | #171

User Info Menu

Also got this cut into strips... Soldered... Installed under dash and under back seat.... Wires ran. Hopefully will have a new RF controller tomorrow. They sent me the wrong one and IR you have to have line of sight and I want the controller hidden.

2. Top Of Page | #172

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    Also got this cut into strips... Soldered... Installed under dash and under back seat.... Wires ran. Hopefully will have a new RF controller tomorrow. They sent me the wrong one and IR you have to have line of sight and I want the controller hidden.
    http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/...psey5dyz2l.jpg
    Bow-chiga-bow-wow. LOL!!!!

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCLB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

3. Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #173

User Info Menu

For ~$30 i figured why not LOL

5. Top Of Page | #174

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    For ~$30 i figured why not LOL
    I can't say anything. I have a set mounted in the living space of out camper. The kids love them LOL!!

Greg

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Top Of Page | #175

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    I can't say anything. I have a set mounted in the living space of out camper. The kids love them LOL!!

Greg
    Well I'm probably the biggest kid of the family LOL. I have them in the grill and working on underneath also LOL.

7. Likes Power247 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #176

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    So I installed a LED headlight kit for the low beams and fogs!Took about an hour to do it was really a plug and play kit the ballast and all fit inside the headlight assembly. The fog lights on the other hand took a minor bit of modification to the new bulb it self, only thing I needed to do was trim one of the three little tabs that lock it into the assembly. Also no need for a load resistor. They are extremely bright! Here is the outcome, I had to press the screen on my phone for you to really see the headlights and fog lights, because the headlight was over powering the fogs. So the pic really does no justice. I don't know how to turn the pic so you can see, but you'll get the idea. If anyone needs the eBay link where I got them let me know. I got them for $55 a piece. They are bright white and a combined 7600 lumens.

So correction to this, you do need load resistors. I found out on the second test drive, it gave me a lamp out message.

9. Top Of Page | #177

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
    They look like they glare pretty good. Do they affect oncoming traffic or vehicles in front of you? Are they an improvement? Most PnP LEDs are a downgrade. They look brighter but they don't shine as far.

Well I got bright lighted a few times, yes people in front of me hate them. It's still a kit like HID's with a ballast included, just when you get it all you do is plug it right in. Each bulb has a separate ballast. Here is a pic of the bulb kit.

Attached Images Attached Images

10. Top Of Page | #178
    Well I got bright lighted a few times, yes people in front of me hate them. It's still a kit like HID's with a ballast included, just when you get it all you do is plug it right in. Each bulb has a separate ballast. Here is a pic of the bulb kit.
    But is it an improvement over stock? Have you re aimed them?

11. Top Of Page | #179

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
    But is it an improvement over stock? Have you re aimed them?
    Yes it is an improvement over stock. No I have not re-aimed them yet. But I will I had to get to bed early last night because I'm pulling a 24 hour shift. So I probably won't get to it until next week.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, turboguy327 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #180

User Info Menu

So correction to this, you do need load resistors. I found out on the second test drive, it gave me a lamp out message.
    The only problem I encountered with the LED headlights and foc lights was in the winter. The ice and snow will completely cover the lenses. They don't have enough heat to burn through the ice. I went back to HID's

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

14. Likes beans20, Hollnagel liked this post
Page 18 of 148 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast