Thanks Thanks:  1,025
Likes Likes:  4,138
Page 144 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1473

Thread: What Did You Do To Your 4th Gen Today?

1. Top Of Page | #1431

User Info Menu

Re: What Did You Do To Your 4th Gen Today?

Well, I'm not ready for new, so I switched up the look a little.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

2. Top Of Page | #1432

User Info Menu

Installed Splash Wham-O Tailgate Protector from Geno’s Garage.

https://www.genosgarage.com/product/...ector/tailgate

Easy install, very complete kit, good quality, and perfect fit.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

3. Top Of Page | #1433

User Info Menu

Co-Worker sold his 2015 2500 for a 2021 3500 with a (Oil Viscosity Sensitive) HO 6.7L -->

He had 3 gallons of Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40 already bought for his 2015 - which he chose not to run in his New HO 6.7L - since he received 4 free oil changes.

My gain - he gave the 3 gallons to me - So Winter OCI is done along with a 3 squirts of Amsoil (Red) grease in the front drive shaft.

Also: Added the first Winter Dose of HSS (Anti-Gel) & Alliant Power (WinterGuard) with a full tank of Fresh Diesel - Never hurts to be prepared a few weeks early.

Next OCI - HSS (Green Diamond) combo of 15W-40 & 5W-40 will go in & be used for the life of her 6.7L.

Note: I've never been a fan of continually mixing (Different) oil chemistries inside the crankcase - but @ one point & time this HDEO used to be the Mystical Elixer of Diesel Oil for Diesel Engines!

Local Tractor Supply started stocking it for $24.95 gal = Going to be another option for me.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

4. Top Of Page | #1434

User Info Menu

Stumbled across this thread today.

What a coincidence!

I installed an S&B Cold intake today.

I thought it would take one hour or less since I have removed and re-installed the factory air system (to the turbo) several times for other reasons, and it was pretty straightforward, but wow, this was hard.

What made this so difficult was that the tube that connects to the turbo and the airbox is one piece.

It took forever to finagle this into position and then properly get the rubber boot on the turbo.

I would suggest to S&B that they break this up into several pieces like the factory setup.

Also, the airbox is a little taller and more profound than the factory airbox, and it interfered with some air conditioning pipes that run under the airbox.

I had to pry one of them to the side and push down to get the airbox to sit right.

That made me real nervous since there is pressure on those pipes now.

I finally got it installed four hours later, but now I hope I never have to remove it since it is not a good fit.

The test drive was good, and honestly, I could not tell any difference between before and after.

Time will tell if this was an upgrade

Does anyone else have this much trouble?

5. Top Of Page | #1435

User Info Menu

I just bought this same one the other day.

Any tips or tricks you can throw my way?

LOL, you are making me nervous now!

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #1436

User Info Menu

My installation was straightforward and had no real issue.

I used a topside creeper to make it easier on me.

No issues; I took my time.

It was a 2 beer “job.”

2021 Ram 3500 DRW, H.O., bypass oil filtration, bypass coolant filtration, S&B CAI, 4:10’s
    2wd low loc kit.
    Reacquired 2001 3500, 5.9 nv4500, dually cab and chassis, 5” straight pipe, edge juice w/attitude. Otherwise all stock…..for now.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #1437

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hollnagel View Post
    No issues at all.

The only downside is no drain plug, but I only change mine about every 50,000 miles with the Amsoil.

Plus, the axles are AAM, so it's an OE replacement.

This is where I found it.

It's popular because it's about the cheapest finned cover you can buy.

https://www.drivetrainamerica.com/p-...cover-kit.aspx
    Crazy, I bought that exact unit from amazon, genuine OE, and it was 97 bucks.

Came with the new reusable gasket even.

It's on my truck now.

I love the looks.

I was way underpriced when I got it.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #1438

User Info Menu

I added a back rack and an emergency light bar in amber across the top.

Installed the OE upfitter switches, AUX 1 and 2 run my "Speed Turtle" wigwags.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

12. Top Of Page | #1439

Looking nice!

Did you do any documentation on how you ran the cables from the bar into the cab?

(This is on my to-do list).

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #1440

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JStevens View Post
    Looking nice!

Did you do any documentation on how you ran the cables from the bar into the cab?

(This is on my to-do list).
    Yes, all in my head.

There is a plastic oval body plug all under there.

I used the one in the driver's side rear jump seat area, closest to the outside edge of the cab; this way, you are drilling metal, coax and wires won't chafe and wire running up from below, water won't want to follow it into the cab, so no need for a drip loop.

I use a black gooey butyl tape made by 3M and pack it around cords, making them all watertight put can pull it loose if I need to add more later.

I ran two more ham radio antennas using the Midland NMO set up onto the ditch light mounts (lights used on the back of the hood to watch sides), making perfect radio mounting brackets and bolts onto the hood mount.

No drilling just slides in with slotted holes.

Also, another project started to get many O2 sensor codes; there is a TSB on this; they want you to install a new overlay harness and cut only connectors off.

You need to depin the O2 sensor ECU pints for the CAN2 and the battery and ground from the original plug and transfer them to the overlay harness.

Got mine all done, perfect.

There are no more O2 sensor codes, and the overlay is a Mopar part, about 75 bucks.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 144 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast