Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire Advice!!!

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Red face Tire Advice!!!

Hey Guys n Gals! I'm new to the forum world and new to igotacummins.com. LOVE IT SO FAR!!!

I'm a chick Cummins owner and proud of it. I drive a 2012 6.7L Cummins. 6 speed manual, crew cab. 2" Leveling kit on 35s.

I'm looking for some tire advice though. I need new tires and want opinions on the best tires to get. I have had BFG All Terrains that lasted forever, were great on trails and high way driving. I currently have General Grabber Red Letters that are amazing on trails, suck in snow, and are almost bald with 5k miles on them. Waste of $1300 in my opinion.

So I'm looking for advice on what to get for all terrain tires. I do a lot of road travel and trail traveling. I want tires that are good in the snow as well. Long lasting is key though! Opinions please!

2. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Paigec333 View Post
    Hey Guys n Gals! I'm new to the forum world and new to igotacummins.com. LOVE IT SO FAR!!!

I'm a chick Cummins owner and proud of it. I drive a 2012 6.7L Cummins. 6 speed manual, crew cab. 2" Leveling kit on 35s.

I'm looking for some tire advice though. I need new tires and want opinions on the best tires to get. I have had BFG All Terrains that lasted forever, were great on trails and high way driving. I currently have General Grabber Red Letters that are amazing on trails, suck in snow, and are almost bald with 5k miles on them. Waste of $1300 in my opinion.
    So I'm looking for advice on what to get for all terrain tires. I do a lot of road travel and trail traveling. I want tires that are good in the snow as well. Long lasting is key though! Opinions please!
    I've Toyo MT's on my 2012. They are the best aggressive tread tire on the market in my opinion. Good tread wear, low road noise, excellent mud traction, and they performed well in the snow last winter.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Almost forgot! Welcome to the forum!!

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

5. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Almost forgot! Welcome to the forum!!
    THANKS!!! Thanks for the advice to! I love this! Getting so much awesome advice from people that actually know what their talking about!

6. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I'm running the Toyo AT2 I like them. They felt a little squirley for about the 1st 1,000 miles but they've settled in and perform nicely for me. Cant comment on snow we don't get to much of that stuff down here.

2012 Lonestar Edition Mineral Gray 3500 DRW CrewCab 4x4 6.7/68RFE 3.73, 125,000 miles and climbing, Revmax Valvebody, AFE Bladerunner Intake horn, Michellin LTX AT2, CHR550 Lockpick, Mopar Kicker Speaker Upgrades, Mopar Kicker 10" Sub, Synergy Steering Box Brace, Edge CTS Insight

8. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

THANKS!!! Thanks for the advice to! I love this! Getting so much awesome advice from people that actually know what their talking about!
    You're welcome. I love this forum too! Forums should be about helping one another and this one is all about that!

10. Thanks Thomas1960 thanked for this post
    Likes Thomas1960 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

want to start with and i agree this is a great forum, alot of help even tho some of us are a bit crazy . for tires i've had really good luck with Nitto. had the terra grapplers last year, took them off at 40k and they still have some wear left in them. they did the best in off road and snow aired down. at full pressure they just seemed to be OK at best, but at around 50-55psi did great. i have trail grapplers now, so far looking like i'll get quite a bit of miles out of them, great in mud, really not as loud as would expect from a heavy lugged MT going down the highway. havent tested in snow yet tho. give me a few months and i'll let ya know

12. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Welcome! The tires I suggest are cooper discover AT3 they arent really aggresive but good enough for trails and highway at the same time! They work great in the mud also! Ive gotten 55+ out of them before.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    want to start with and i agree this is a great forum, alot of help even tho some of us are a bit crazy . for tires i've had really good luck with Nitto. had the terra grapplers last year, took them off at 40k and they still have some wear left in them. they did the best in off road and snow aired down. at full pressure they just seemed to be OK at best, but at around 50-55psi did great. i have trail grapplers now, so far looking like i'll get quite a bit of miles out of them, great in mud, really not as loud as would expect from a heavy lugged MT going down the highway. havent tested in snow yet tho. give me a few months and i'll let ya know
    What do you know!? You're just a kid!!! A good one though

We're equal opportunity abusers

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I go with goodyear wranglers duratrac i thing they re a great tire for you want i have use them on my last truck loved them amd when my present truck needs new tires i ll het them again ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409011803.367971.jpg i drive in the same conditions as you and i plow with them

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast