Thanks Thanks:  48
Likes Likes:  92
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: RANT THREAD - - - - - - - VENT THREAD

1. Top Of Page | #151

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Nor did I, but the ticket must of hurt his wallet hard, since that happen. I've seen the car many times after, and it was no where near the handycapped parking area. Just a kid finding out he isn't as 'entitled' as he thought he was.
    Yeah maybe. To someone like that the money is paid and forgotten. But the humility will last much longer.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #152

User Info Menu

Re: RANT THREAD - - - - - - - VENT THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    tell me when it gets there, and I will see what time I can make
    When do I get to choke someone? This is why I have allot of tools. Those Bozo's at D & M stripped the heads on all the bolts changing the wheel bearing! Instead of using a socket and a ratchet, this guy used an impact gun on everything. Since he couldn't get a straight shot on the bolts, he stripped the hex's. (^(&^(%^%##&)(*)_(+_)_)^%!!!!!! I was going to roll out the hot wrench, but it sudden occurred to me I bought some bolt extractors for occasions like this. Gee I never needed to use them because I don't ruin bolt heads. It took the largest one I had, but I got them all out. Even at that, I had to get a 4' pipe because he over tightened them.

Looking at the bearing, with 200 miles on it, I see the hub was blued from heat and it's a bit crunchy. Two bearings in 2 weeks. I'll click you a pic tomorrow.

Word to the wise. I got a Timken with shipping from Amazon Prime. It was $235.00 delivered and taxed. (Warehouse is in NJ) NO MORE CHEAP BEARINGS! That should hold me for 100K now. I am angry. Rant Off

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Likes Weeseven liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #153

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    When do I get to choke someone? This is why I have allot of tools. Those Bozo's at D & M stripped the heads on all the bolts changing the wheel bearing! Instead of using a socket and a ratchet, this guy used an impact gun on everything. Since he couldn't get a straight shot on the bolts, he stripped the hex's. (^(&^(%^%##&)(*)_(+_)_)^%!!!!!! I was going to roll out the hot wrench, but it sudden occurred to me I bought some bolt extractors for occasions like this. Gee I never needed to use them because I don't ruin bolt heads. It took the largest one I had, but I got them all out. Even at that, I had to get a 4' pipe because he over tightened them.

Looking at the bearing, with 200 miles on it, I see the hub was blued from heat and it's a bit crunchy. Two bearings in 2 weeks. I'll click you a pic tomorrow.

Word to the wise. I got a Timken with shipping from Amazon Prime. It was $235.00 delivered and taxed. (Warehouse is in NJ) NO MORE CHEAP BEARINGS! That should hold me for 100K now. I am angry. Rant Off
    Sounds like that mechanic (parts changer) needs a schooling... go get em tiger!

Thomas-2012 Saddle Brown Pearl CCSB

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

5. Likes Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #154

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Sounds like that mechanic (parts changer) needs a schooling... go get em tiger!

Thomas-2012 Saddle Brown Pearl CCSB
    I've been trying to find a local shop I could trust nearby. I'm getting too old for allot of this. I'm starting to 2nd guess myself. Between all the brain farts I have and the aches and pains, I see myself sending this stuff out more and more. It's a shame too. I can't even guess how much I have in tools.

They send these parts changers to trade schools. . . You would think someone would tell these guys the right way of using a wrench, Things like over tightening and putting the wrench square on the bold. Right tool for the job. Stuff like that. The sign of a real mechanic.

7. Top Of Page | #155

User Info Menu

I've been trying to find a local shop I could trust nearby. I'm getting too old for allot of this. I'm starting to 2nd guess myself. Between all the brain farts I have and the aches and pains, I see myself sending this stuff out more and more. It's a shame too. I can't even guess how much I have in tools.

They send these parts changers to trade schools. . . You would think someone would tell these guys the right way of using a wrench, Things like over tightening and putting the wrench square on the bold. Right tool for the job. Stuff like that. The sign of a real mechanic.
    Let me know when you find that shop you trust I'll use him also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

8. Top Of Page | #156

User Info Menu

DSCN0336.jpg

They told me a bolt was missing and the replaced it with something they had. That's the stud you see. I suspect they tore up the bolt and had to replace it, falsely accusing me.

I don't know if you can see the damage. The ones I took out are the bottom row. I am mad as hell! I could have saved myself $100 and buy the better bearing to begin with.

9. Top Of Page | #157

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Weeseven View Post
    Let me know when you find that shop you trust I'll use him also

You and I can do allot of your stuff here. What do you need Gary?

10. Top Of Page | #158

User Info Menu

You and I can do allot of your stuff here. What do you need Gary?
    Nothing yet (nock wood) but I'm slowly getting to that point where I'm wanting to send things out cause I just don't want to do it anymore 🤠

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

11. Top Of Page | #159

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Weeseven View Post
    Nothing yet (nock wood) but I'm slowly getting to that point where I'm wanting to send things out cause I just don't want to do it anymore 鸞

That's where I am. But me seeking a shop is for a different reason. Physical. Not doing well with finding a shop, especially one that's affordable

12. Thanks Weeseven thanked for this post
    Likes Weeseven liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #160

User Info Menu

After 4 months and almost 19000km, fully deleted at 5000km, got my first warning message.

Had to fix it straight away, that bong sound was driving me crazy......😀

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast