Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tried to do my b pillars in black vinyl....

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Tried to do my b pillars in black vinyl....

Hey guys, today I received my extreme overkill fab full crossover steering so I took that and a few extra parts to get powdered to match my lift kit, and while I am waiting on that to come back it's just setting in my shop so I ran out to the local decal shop and picked up a few left over scraps of gloss black vinyl and tried to do my b pillars...LOL is there some trick to this stuff or what?...I cut my rubber molding on accident trying to get it to be as good and straight as possible...hate myself for it also as I am verry picky with my trucks..any help is appreciated because I have never watched anyone do this. I just tried to do it like someone would tint a window ha...I couldn't get it cut perfectly with the window seals and it wouldn't wrap around the door where it curves off to the window seals...if anyone has experience with this let me know! Next idea so I won't cut anymore **** up is to plasti-dip it and glossifier it but last time I plasti dipped my wheels and they were kind of off colored black compared to my truck! Any opinions?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tried to do my b pillars in black vinyl....

Try a hair dryer and give it some heat and stretch the vinyl over the bends. That's what helped.my on any vinyl projects I worked on. As far as cutting around seals you got me. Sorry

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: Tried to do my b pillars in black vinyl....

My buddy did the b pillars on my 01 ext cab and he just rolled the window down and pulled the rubber off the fire frame and he does vynl and pinstriping for a living

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk