Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a/c not working

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

a/c not working

My a/c stoped working today . I tried to check the freon on but couldn't get the compressor to kick on . Not sure on what else to do I am headed outside to check fuses right now

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Start with the fuses first.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Tiz the season

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well when I turn on the heater on it doesn't come on either . Does that tell anybody anything?

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Dash Controls are known to burn out on those. It's a printed circuit board with 3 nobs on it. The bezel goes all the way around and just pops off

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I blame electrical like the others are saying. Bet it's something simple, ie fuse.. does the light turn on to say you turned the A/C on? Or does it stay off? Any of the LEDs for that panel turn on at all?

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

If the fuse blew, there is a reason for it. My bet is the dash controls. They're available aftermarket

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Mine stopped as well but I checked fuses and all are good replaced the resistor and still nothing sonic ordered another control Panel and received it today but when I installed it my truck started blinking the lights and I could not start the truck what could be the culprit of that

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Re: a/c not working

I would go to a pick n pull yard or salvage yard and get a factory replacement, these trucks don't like some of the aftermarket stuff out there. Sometimes it's better to spend a little more and get Mopar or Cummins parts

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Re: a/c not working

Also ac compressor will not engage if low or out of freon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast