More like a poodle

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
    Economy up a tad .5%

More like a poodle
    Nice

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Economy up a tad .5%

More like a poodle

Well it's done. I did get slightly less smoke from the Edge. I've come to the conclusion Edge programming sucks. Hopefully this will help bring up the mileage.

The initial go around with just enlarging the key hole didn't allow much movement. I marked the tone ring so I could see if it moved a tooth. It didn't move even a 1/2 a tooth. I took a few strokes out of each bolt hole with a file and got the 3 degrees they spoke of. By the way, if you look closely, the slots between the tone posts is twice as large as the post itself. I can't take that a 3 degrees. It may be post to post being 3 degrees. The hardest part of the job was getting the bolts loose initially. One loose, it's all finger stuff. I have electric fans so the fan cage was in the way, but not too bad.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #24
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

How many teeth are on that? What's a complete revolution in degrees? How much space is left? How many teeth can you fit into that space?

Full rotation in degrees divide by number of teeth =

5. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

How many teeth are on that? What's a complete revolution in degrees? How much space is left? How many teeth can you fit into that space?

Full rotation in degrees divide by number of teeth =
    I dunno. . . count them. I just went almost one full tooth

6. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Looks like 58 teeth. Maybe you can count them. I lose it around 15. damn handicaps

7. Top Of Page | #27
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I got 58 counting it twice.

8. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Add 2 for the missing spots so 60 take 360 divide by 60 which is 6, each tooth is 6 degrees of timing

9. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Yeah. . . They didn't look like they were broken. Is that correct with the 2 missing?

Then I probably got 3 degrees maybe 4. I was pretty conservative when I did it. If that tone ring is broken, I better get on that though.

10. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

The two missing is for timing, tells the computer when to go through the firing sequence again

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast