Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tone Ring Mod

1. Top Of Page | #11
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

There are no additional sensors however the harness has to be re pinned and why bother with the 4.5 grab the 06 computer which allows for more controls, however I'll stick to my 03 because I can still access it with the cummins software, dodge didn't lock em out yet...

2. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
    There are no additional sensors however the harness has to be re pinned and why bother with the 4.5 grab the 06 computer which allows for more controls, however I'll stick to my 03 because I can still access it with the cummins software, dodge didn't lock em out yet...
    It was a thought. I need more timing to offset the fueling the Edge does. I seem to have lost some MPG. that's why this toner ring mod is so intriguing.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    It was a thought. I need more timing to offset the fueling the Edge does. I seem to have lost some MPG. that's why this toner ring mod is so intriguing.
    This mod would be a lot more effective with some ECM reprogramming or tweeking. The problem is that after the mod the stock programming does not "know" it was done. LOL These types of mods do make a difference, but not as much as one needs/wants/hopes.

5. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Yeah I know it's wishful thinking. It's like the cam timing mod. it's only a key, but allot of work. Have to weigh the gains to the costs.

I might do this mod. I'm wondering if the computer adjusts for the start point though. I lean on Spenser because he can mess with the ECU and has an 03

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Grumps, in theory between what the edge is already doing, on top of this timing "trick" it might just clean you up a bit. Might not be as much as you want, but ibwould bet it'll help some. From what I've seen and read on edge, your right, it doesn't add much in way of timing but instead leans on duration. If you could advance timing, cut back on duration, and raise pressure you'd gain your economy back at least, and get a full, cleaner burn

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

How many degrees can you get away with? I have to look at the ring, but you might be able to get a few more degrees out of it. I am assuming the bolt holes are slotted

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

You only want to go a couple degrees, it's no racecar

10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

@Canadiandiesel
    this better work. . . . Or I'll be comin for ya. . . . You think I'm grumpy now?

What else will I get from this? What will I feel with the Jeans Gauge?

11. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Bring it big boy.

And you won't feel anything since it out of calibration

12. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
    Bring it big boy.

And you won't feel anything since it out of calibration
    So I can expect just maybe better fuel economy and a bit less smoke.

Are the bolt holes on the tone ring slotted? I never saw one off

I'm a 600 pound gorilla

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast