Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2006 bad mileage

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

2006 bad mileage

I recently bought a 2006 cummins, It has a 5" lift, 35s, efi live, and an intake horn. I am getting around 12 mpg (calculated at pump). I know the tires don't help but I should be getting better than that. It doesn't matter what tune I run or how nice I drive it. I am lucky to get 300 miles to a tank. And the truck is constantly hazing black out of the tail pipe, even when i return to stock. There are no engine codes and data log shows all injectors are firing fine. I ran a tank of additive and it didn't seem to help. Any information or suggestions would be awesome! Thanks!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

How many miles our on it?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have a friend that had an 06 and was having the same problem. He went through 3 sets of injectors with no help. He was running stock except for intake and edge juice w/ add.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Have you allowed for the fewer miles from the larger tires? See if you can clock out the miles with a GPS.

My edge allowed for the gear change in my truck, but it's still lying to me.

By the way Boat Man, I am convinced the Edge is bad for fuel economy. Trying to come up with a way of making it better. The edge makes too many adjustments the Quadzilla didn't for me to go back.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have the edge on mine 07 5.9 and I went up to 25mpg. Mine works great.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I just rolled 127k. Stock everything as far as I know. Yes but I had the same tires and wheels on my 2000 cummins and I would see 500+ miles to a tank.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by uscg4x4 View Post
    I have the edge on mine 07 5.9 and I went up to 25mpg. Mine works great.
    MMMMM What level are you using? 1 to 5

Quote Originally Posted by Tabaka11 View Post
    I just rolled 127k. Stock everything as far as I know. Yes but I had the same tires and wheels on my 2000 cummins and I would see 500+ miles to a tank.
    The final drive is different. You need to clock out the speedo. You may be getting 500 miles and not realizing it

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I travel alot for work and for example on a 160 mile round trip I use well over a half tank. This is averaging about 60-65 mph. My old truck had the same tires and no speedo adjustments also

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I travel alot for work and for example on a 160 mile round trip I use well over a half tank. This is averaging about 60-65 mph. My old truck had the same tires and no speedo adjustments also

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

are your calipers or parking brake frozen?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast