Thread: 2006 bad mileage

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

No they're not

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

lighter shoes?

You wouldn't have a boost leak would you?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

That's what a buddy was telling me to check. I will be checking all intercooler boots and intercooler it self today

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I get better mileage on level 3 than I do level 1.

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by uscg4x4 View Post
    I get better mileage on level 3 than I do level 1.
    I have an edge in my 2000 and I got the best mileage on 5

6. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I still have my stock trans so I'm staying off 4 and 5 till I can afford a built one.

7. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I have a 2 wheel drive. I was getting 23 with the Quadzilla, and only 21 with the Edge on 5.

I have a stock trans too

History has always been the highest setting is best mileage. The #5 on the Edge is 100 HP and the Quad was 160. The edge smokes allot more than the quad did which shouldn't matter if you stay off it. But I lost MPG going to the Edge.

He's running EFI. He should be able to do better. Who did the EFI tune for you? I strongly suggest you talk to the Terrorist

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ryan Milliken does my EFI. With his reputation and knowing other people with his tuning I am sure it isn't the tuning causing the bad mileage

9. Top Of Page | #19
    Permanent Vacation Calibrated Addiction's Avatar

User Info Menu

With Ryans tuning I'm sure your fine. Boost leak usually won't cause this issue unless it's really bad (robs power but if it's small you won't notice it on mileage) injectors, sensory, or something up in the fuel system ie high pressure pump can cause it. If the engine is running of alot of duration and not pressure it will also lead to losses in efficiency. Sorry to scan through this what have you done thus far to diagnose the problem

10. Top Of Page | #20
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Anymore suggestions from everyone? I've checked everything that's been suggested been doing nothing but highway the past 2 weeks and haven't seen anything higher than 13

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast