Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Air dog raptor pump question

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Air dog raptor pump question

I'm getting ready to purchase a 100 gph raptor and big line kit for my 99 24 valve and possibly 100hp injector nozzles I called thoroughbred diesel and they have 2 variations of the pump I need one is a FRRP or (factory replacement raptor pump ) and the other is just a raptor pump both come with 1/2" fuel lines and both are 100GPH pumps the FRRP is preset at 15 psi I believe the other is adjustable psi that's the only difference. I am running a cold air intake, straight pipe 5", quadzilla addrenaline with pulse v2 and 100 hp injector nozzles (nozzles will be in near future).
    do I need the adjustable psi or will the 15 idling psi be sufficient? Any help is greatly appreciated

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Depends on the cost difference. If it were me, I'd go with a FASS. 17 to 18 would be good with 100's. CP3's run at that pressure too. The extra PSI will help the flow.

Why not the filtered version of the pump? Better filtration system

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The FRRP pump is 299 and the other is 399 and a fass is 611 LOL

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

The FRRP will struggle to keep up with the 100hp injectors. Have you looked at the FASS HPFP?

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

No I haven't but I will will it keep up

6. Top Of Page | #6
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

You could always play with a aeromotive pump...

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly highrise View Post
    The FRRP pump is 299 and the other is 399 and a fass is 611 LOL
    I'm not supposed to say anything against Air Dog. Do you possibly think there is a reason why there is such a difference in the price?

If I were you, I'd be looking at a 150 like these guys are suggesting. Not being a dealer or anything, I'll just whack you in the side of the head. The pump you are looking at is not going to be good enough and a POS.

Guess I told him Huh?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC