Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuner vs. transmision

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Tuner vs. transmision

I recently installed a edge juice w/ ad and have mostly been running on level 1 and 3. I haven't really been hard on it yet. Never on level 5 yet, although I really want to. How long should I expect my factory transmission to last? 2007 2500 5.9 with 150k. Thanks for you input.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

It's a Craps shoot honestly. If you want it to last longer I would suggest a good Torque Converter and Valve Body upgrade.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

the #5 is not that nasty. It's only 100 HP. If you don't pound the crap out of it, it will be fine.

BTW Get the turbo timer option. Great upgrade and saves the turbo

I just put the Juice in my truck. I'm not sure yet on it's success. I run on 5 all the time. I just don't pound on it

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have the turbo timer already in. Have it set to turn off an 350. Also running a AFE stage 2 CAI.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Factory transmission can barely hold up to the stock engine hp/tq so with that being said you decide what you want to do.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ok. Thanks everyone. I'm looking at the fire punk transmissions, what would be the best one for my set up. I'm not looking to do too much more to the truck. Maybe 150 injectors and a better fuel pump. What trans would be best? Street/track or just the tow?

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
    Factory transmission can barely hold up to the stock engine hp/tq so with that being said you decide what you want to do.
    I had more trouble with my 08 than all the cars and trucks I have ever owned.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Permanent Vacation Calibrated Addiction's Avatar

User Info Menu

I'm with others its a crap shoot there is no set horse power that your tranny will fail they can fail with stock tuning and they can hold power up to a point on some trucks. you can help by not beathing on it especially in OD. and steve not all 08s where bad

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

150hp sticks with stock turbo will be be a smoke out. The turbo plays out and hits max of what it's capable of before injectors do.

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

6.7s need a turbo way before injectors.

11. Thanks Calibrated Addiction thanked for this post
    Likes Calibrated Addiction liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast