Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Tuner vs. transmision

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1
    Permanent Vacation Calibrated Addiction's Avatar

User Info Menu

I'm with others its a crap shoot there is no set horse power that your tranny will fail they can fail with stock tuning and they can hold power up to a point on some trucks. you can help by not beathing on it especially in OD. and steve not all 08s where bad

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terror Custom Tuning View Post
    I'm with others its a crap shoot there is no set horse power that your tranny will fail they can fail with stock tuning and they can hold power up to a point on some trucks. you can help by not beathing on it especially in OD. and steve not all 08s where bad
    Yeah I know. I had an 08 with an 07 production date. Maybe that explains it. 4 transmissions though.

You'll be impressed if you do just air on the 67. I used the Shibby Stage 2 air horn and a remote heater. (Replaces the flapper valve) and did a grid heater delete. Whoa. The factory has it choked up pretty good

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC