Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mistress progress

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The Mistress progress

Been 2 years the 8th of June that I brought her home. 23,000 on the clock when I signed the papers!!! now she's at 99k running strong. figured I'd go over the process from then to now as well as have a place to update in the future.

the day i brought her home! next couple days saw a CB install and a load the next weekend

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

by Nov of 2012 she had already been back to the Dealership twice for emissions related warranty work. So.... it all went away. H&S Mini Max, 5"TBE sinister diesel EGR/cooler delete, weather tech floor mats. and around same time got the headache rack built and put on (cant find a good pic of the dang thing)
    Early Spring 2013 noticed my lift pump was having a hard time keeping up, so install of FASS titanium 150gph was in order, about a month or so later found me with the clutch going out, and front shocks toast. Also ended up with a seized U-joint in the rear driveline. upgrade to South Bend DD 3250, Spicer U-joints everywhere (but front axle) and Bilstien 5100 shocks
    hit summer 2013 and front U-joints decide they wanted to be bad and get replaced as well. so now they are spicer.
    Later on in the summer i discovered Plasti dip!!!!!

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

2013 cant remember exactly when, new stereo ( touch screen dvd/nav installed) and camo seat covers all around. and 2.5" hell bent steel leveling kit.
    early this year, 2014, i had lifted my head, so time for headstuds!!! also bumped up to MCC, played with a few different tuners, now with Double R diesel which has done wonders for how she runs.
    My Valentines day present from my amazing wife was new rims and tires
    also got 4" oval DeeZee nerf bars to replace my 3" round since i kinda screwed the passenger one up hunting

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

and wouldnt you know it, not even a week from coming out of the shop for the new tires and rims i got a fuel leak!!! Couldnt pinpoint exactly what was leaking closer than on top of the tank... so every thing that could leak got pulled apart and re-sealed!!! in between different things i played with moving the whips back to the headache rack instead of mirrors, ended up with a pair of KC daylighters, so they found a home on the mirrors, digging thru my toolbox found some light switches from when i worked for a John Deere dealership.
    also played with a weighted shift knob, it rattled and got hotter than... well you know, so drilled and weighted with lead my composit T-handle knob, painted and played with dipping with spray paint...
    and i'm sure i missed alot of random little stuff i've done

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

just this last weekend put new brakes on her all around (looks like factory pads were still on her) and these are just to put them up there

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

build as of the 2 year mark
    2009 Dodge 2500, QCSB, 6.7 CTD with G56
    4.5" Revtek lift with Ultra Maverick 17x9s wrapped with 35x12.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers
    H&S mini w/MCC by Double R diesel
    SB DD3250 Clutch, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Spicer U-joints all around,
    Fass Titanium 150, DIY CP3 mod (estimated 10-12% better flow)
    ARP-2000 Studs, fuel rail plug, AFE intake with Pro Dry S filter,
    KC backup lights and Daylighters,
    DeeZee 4" oval Nerf Bars
    Custom built (by me) Headache rack

Last edited by Wildkarrd RRD; 06-27-2014 at 02:27 PM. Reason: build update

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Im jealous how clean this truck is LOL. Nice work so far.

~Trevor~ aka TPain!

-2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thank you!! I've been trying to do it right and keep it clean. Sometimes I look at the camo stripe on the tailgate and hate it, other times I like it... Still haven't decided if it's staying there or not.
    Future plans are traction bars, bed liner (either rino or line-x) lined rocker panels, finish blacking out the grill, S465, 90hp nozzles, Hid/ Rob-D's headlights, Buckstop bumpers front and back.... And the list can go on and on... LOL

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Welp soon to be crossing the HBS 2.5" level off the mods list and replacing it with 4" procomp lift. My wife just bought it for my father's day present

10. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I agree with upgrading the ride and making it smoother. Suspension and braking are very high on my list of improvements for vehicles also. Nice fathers day present for sure!

Keep saving for your turbo upgrade. These 6.7s really respond well to a higher flowing manifold and turbo. After the basic deletes a turbo/manifold should be the first mod on every 6.7. Once you swap it out you will know what I mean. It was like uncorking mine and it already had deletes plus CAI and 5" turbo back exhaust (which uncorked it a lot already). I could tell from startup that it was breathing a lot better. It was a lot louder from idle on up. That stock turbo and manifold combination is extremely restrictive...even worse with all of the exhaust after treatment devices.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast