Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  20
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 1976 dodge dart CUMMINS12 valve swap HELP!

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

Re: 1976 dodge dart CUMMINS12 valve swap HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Agreed Windy I never said that it couldn't be done I just said it is going to be one hell of a lot of work and fabrication and every other thing nothing is Impossible when you put in the time and energy and ingenuity
    True Hk, I know it wont be easy and will take some serious mods and fab work. Add to that I am still neck deep in my M37 build so I gotta get that one outa the shop first. Hopefully I can get my car to the track this summer and get a few runs in to see what it will do in its current form, then I will have some actual numbers for comparison once its converted. The car has been back halfed and tubbed already with tube frame from the front K member back. I am looking to replace the front suspension with coilovers and install an new Kmember and engine mounts at the same time. Based on my measurements I will have to move the rad and intercooler forward and use electric fans but there is definitely room. I have a spare set of fiberglass fenders and a hood, I am thinking a tilt front end would simplify things a whole bunch as well as reduce the weight significantly.
    Nothing worth doing is ever easy....

2. Likes Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Windycreek View Post
    True Hk, I know it wont be easy and will take some serious mods and fab work. Add to that I am still neck deep in my M37 build so I gotta get that one outa the shop first. Hopefully I can get my car to the track this summer and get a few runs in to see what it will do in its current form, then I will have some actual numbers for comparison once its converted. The car has been back halfed and tubbed already with tube frame from the front K member back. I am looking to replace the front suspension with coilovers and install an new Kmember and engine mounts at the same time. Based on my measurements I will have to move the rad and intercooler forward and use electric fans but there is definitely room. I have a spare set of fiberglass fenders and a hood, I am thinking a tilt front end would simplify things a whole bunch as well as reduce the weight significantly.
    Nothing worth doing is ever easy....
    Hey bro sounds like you have put a lot of thought into how to do this it would be you we know you can figure things out and our a fabrication wizard you rock bro

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Hey bro sounds like you have put a lot of thought into how to do this it would be you we know you can figure things out and our a fabrication wizard you rock bro
    Ha Ha well I wouldn't go that far, I am no wizard but Im definitely not afraid to hack things up and do a bit of re-arranging to make improvements.

5. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

If you go through with this please keep a thread updated. I just picked up a 65 dart, and I want a 6bt and most likely a 727 attached to it. I got the car for $500. runs and drives.

Im thinking lots of frame supports. cut what ever part of the firewall needs to be cut. make a sub frame for motor with new motor mounts. im worried about suspension being too narrow.

have you taken any measurements? I found some dimensions online to base the engine bay off of. will look at it tomorrow or so.

6. Thanks Windycreek thanked for this post
    Likes Windycreek liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jonesfromindia View Post
    If you go through with this please keep a thread updated. I just picked up a 65 dart, and I want a 6bt and most likely a 727 attached to it. I got the car for $500. runs and drives.

Im thinking lots of frame supports. cut what ever part of the firewall needs to be cut. make a sub frame for motor with new motor mounts. im worried about suspension being too narrow.

have you taken any measurements? I found some dimensions online to base the engine bay off of. will look at it tomorrow or so.
    I have taken some measurements, pretty sure i can make it fit without hackin up the fire wall. Will require re-engineering of the rad mount and front clip with a custom rad and intercooler. Height will he an issue, found an oil pan that will work to keep it low profile but its pricey. May require a bigger than usual Hemi style hood scoop too. Ive been planning on taking the hood off and mounting some weight plates on a fabbed up cross memeber to add an extra 500lbs to the front end and see how it handles with the stock suspension. Then decide from there how to proceed. I doubt i will be tackling it this winter but when I do i will be sure to post up a build thread for it.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

8. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

sounds good. Mine is a ways away.not sure if i want to use the dart. going to get mine up and running for now and use it before I put it under the knife. I will probably use custom springs for the front, it shouldn't be more than a few hundred to be made locally.

I will check back occasionally for updates, this thread is the only reason I joined this group LOL.

9. Likes Windycreek liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jonesfromindia View Post
    sounds good. Mine is a ways away.not sure if i want to use the dart. going to get mine up and running for now and use it before I put it under the knife. I will probably use custom springs for the front, it shouldn't be more than a few hundred to be made locally.

I will check back occasionally for updates, this thread is the only reason I joined this group LOL.
    Mine was originally a slant 6 car. The dimensions arent a whole lot different, i will most likely try and use the stock stuff before I chop the front suspension up. Will see how it goes.

11. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

Welcome @Jonathan Payne. Looking forward to this build. If you do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

12. Top Of Page | #49
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Ok, ya got me ... SUBSCRIBE !

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

13. Likes david3gen liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

Its not an A-body but this one is pretty damn sweet.
    http://www.throttlextreme.com/resurr...ummins-diesel/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345