Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1976 dodge dart CUMMINS12 valve swap HELP!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    That thing will look like a corkscrew if you don't brace it right. I'm a long time Mopar Guy and know the A Bodies well

so my friend, the dart has an A body? Good to know. I would love any hints on the engineering of such a reinforcement on the frame because let's be honest I don't know much about it at all. Thanks!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Payne View Post
    so my friend, the dart has an A body? Good to know. I would love any hints on the engineering of such a reinforcement on the frame because let's be honest I don't know much about it at all. Thanks!
    A is just the body designation. A B C E J K

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I like the concept though. Never heard of a Cummins in a small Mopar. Everybody does those Chebbys (Now I have to go brush my teeth). Even then it's a mid size.. I think the Nova bodies would be in the same boat as the Dart.

What the Hey! Go find a Chevette or a Vega! You're probably too young to even know what they are. . . . . .

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I like the concept though. Never heard of a Cummins in a small Mopar. Everybody does those Chebbys (Now I have to go brush my teeth). Even then it's a mid size.. I think the Nova bodies would be in the same boat as the Dart.

What the Hey! Go find a Chevette or a Vega! You're probably too young to even know what they are. . . . . .
    Hey now old timer!!!! I know what those cars are and I'm one of those "damn kids" LOL. I strongly believe cars and music are timeless no matter how old you are, you should at least have heard of those that paved the way

6. Likes david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd View Post
    Hey now old timer!!!! I know what those cars are and I'm one of those "damn kids" LOL. I strongly believe cars and music are timeless no matter how old you are, you should at least have heard of those that paved the way
    I was there when fire was discovered. A guy named Mel Brooks discovered it.

8. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Cool Booya

So guys I have my donor truck in my posession 1995 5.9 cummins 2wd. How do I post pics btw? So as soon as I get another car ( an effin quick supercharged Buick park avenue ultra that my wisteria driving) imma start cutting and pasting!

9. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

10. Top Of Page | #8
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Ah the Vega the Wagons were the best when you threw in a 455 and gave it hell

11. Likes david3gen liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Sister**

13. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Exactly, scrap the frame and build a new, stronger one from get go. You could reinforce all day and still twist it like a twizzler stick. At 450-500 range as a planned start with no more weight than it'll be pushing around it'll certainly scoot!!! For ideas I'd search around and see if couldn't find a thread for the "cumstang" build if the guy actually put one on the interwebz. Incase you haven't seen or heard of it yet dude did what your planning inside a mustang.... Except his is dedicated drag with 3 turbos and a lot more umph to the back tires. Even with him putting down bigger numbers than your planning from start, it's always a safe bet to over build your supporting mods. That way you know you won't be doing rework, and you have room to grow when you " feel the need, the need for speed" (sorry, for some reason that reference popped in my head as I was typing)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast