Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sinister steering box stabilizer.

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Sinister steering box stabilizer.

I recently installed a sinister diesel steering box stabilizer on my 07 ram 2500. I am getting a little "jumping" in the steering wheel at low speeds when turning. Everything seems to be good and tight. Is this normal? Does it go away with a little break in time? Thanks for any help.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

never heard of a steering box brace doing any thing but help
    maybe now that the box is stiffer your getting what was going on but the frame was flexing

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ok. I do have a little larger than factory tires but not much. I wonder if it's the tires gripping and the new stiffness allows me to feel it now.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hmmm, I'd inspect steering stabilizer before much else. Since your running bigger tires, and now the steering box isn't helping take up the slack you might be feeling the stabilizer not keeping up.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Check the CV joints in the front hubs.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC