Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible HP/TQ

1. Top Of Page | #11
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

I'm going to say your going be around the 350 mark because running the smarty at 9 is going to over fuel and kill your hp,

2. Thanks jzajicek thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
    I'm going to say your going be around the 350 mark because running the smarty at 9 is going to over fuel and kill your hp,
    Hmm, I guess I'm going to have to wait and see, hoping for a little more than that

4. Top Of Page | #13
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Best is to dyno the truck, stickers add 2 -150hp

5. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
    Best is to dyno the truck, stickers add 2 -150hp
    I don't trust a dyno for accurate numbers. For fine tuning and making sure she's running at her best yes, as a good reference for how much a mod helps, yes, but as an accurate depiction of what my truck is putting to the ground, no.

6. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

@jzajicek , talked to my buddy with the 02. With his truck, mods like yours running SW6&7 was where he found his sweet spot, he was averaging 14.84 @ 92mph which my math puts him at 428hp... Your butt dyno should be able to find the happy settings to test at the track. Or like Canadian said, find a dyno to find the best setting, once you do you should be in the 400's

7. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd View Post
    @jzajicek , talked to my buddy with the 02. With his truck, mods like yours running SW6&7 was where he found his sweet spot, he was averaging 14.84 @ 92mph which my math puts him at 428hp... Your butt dyno should be able to find the happy settings to test at the track. Or like Canadian said, find a dyno to find the best setting, once you do you should be in the 400's
    Okay that's what I was looking for, when I get everything put together I'll have to update everyone what it will do. My truck has 150,000 miles by the way, not sure if that changes much.

8. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

If treated right that mileage shouldn't change anything. I had an 91 with over 300k that still out pulled my dad's 97

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12