Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible HP/TQ

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Possible HP/TQ

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to pick up my transmission I just had rebuilt for my 2000. It has a billet input shaft, suncoast triple disc converter, extra clutches, Bd flex plate, shift kit, aftermarket solenoids, and other odds and ends. My truck currently has a 4" exhaust, S&B intake, Airdog 150, and a Smarty for performance wise. Stock turbo and injectors. What do you guys think I should be making HP and TQ wise with the Smarty turned up to 9. Also how much HP and TQ do you think my transmission should hold up to? Just curious for now, thanks.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Your trucks hp/tq is honestly anyone's guesswork. Stock sticks and turbo are widely suggested to be good for 500hp and not much more, after my time at the track, with stock sticks and VGT I'm at 530hp. Point is each truck is different, going to respond different to each mod etc. I'd be comfortable saying that your in the low to mid 400s but mid 400s would be a high hope.
    Tranny... One of these other guys will chime in, I've never dealt with autos. Prefer to row my own boat

3. Thanks jzajicek thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yeah I'm just trying to come up with a good estimate on power. I would be happy around 400, but like you said, every truck is different.

5. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Best way to find out is go run a 1/4. LOL. I know it's not feasible for everyone, kinda a pain for me to even. Just be careful, once you know where your at its so much easier to say it's not enough, if your using SWAG (scientific wild a$$ guess) you it's easier to think your where you wanna be LOL.

6. Likes K-Sons liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Also play with settings on that Smarty. I've known some guys to get more power out of their trucks on a lower setting than on the higher ones. I believe one buddy has best luck with sw7 on his 02.
    Iirc he saw 430 something on sw7 and manual trans, otherwise mods pretty close to yours.

8. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

LOL I do plan on running it at the strip sometime, but the closest one to me is about an hour away and they only have test and tune on Wednesday nights (which I'm an on call medic those nights) so it is kinda hard.I was just trying to find someone that has close to the same mods as me and curious on what they are running.

9. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd View Post
    Also play with settings on that Smarty. I've known some guys to get more power out of their trucks on a lower setting than on the higher ones. I believe one buddy has best luck with sw7 on his 02.
    Iirc he saw 430 something on sw7 and manual trans, otherwise mods pretty close to yours.
    Yeah I'll definetly have to do that then.

10. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Anyone else have an opinion?

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

"The grass is greener where you water it"

12. Thanks jzajicek thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #10
    Permanent Vacation Calibrated Addiction's Avatar

User Info Menu

What's going to decide what you want to run is really how well your fuel system keeps up. I know your a second gen but the same rule applies to third gens as well. If your fueling falls of due to duration or other factors then you lose power of course timing also is another to high and you'll lose power to low and your not making the truck preform to full potential. I know that's vague but it's all I have 2nd gens aren't really my area of expertise.

14. Thanks jzajicek thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast