Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Turbo suggestions

1. Top Of Page | #31
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The 5.9 stock turbos aren't bad. The 6.7 VGT is fairly restrictive comparativly. Looking at boost to ebp ratio. You can get it tuned to be reasonable and not horrible stock, but put a bigger compressor on it and I bet it gets even worst. And that's one reason I'm asking on here for suggestions. I plan on racing, towing, offroading, and using it for a daily driver. So want best fit for all that. I know there will be a sacrifice somewhere... I know my dream of 1000hp on fuel and still be able to daily it is kinda a big leap... 7-750 range is more practical and achievable while still being able to actually use it. And I think that's the hardest part to it, is that I want useable power at those levels to the ground.

2. Top Of Page | #32
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terror Custom Tuning View Post
    I believe the one with less blades flow more cfm but the 11 bladed ones spool at lower rpm
    I'd rather have my engine flowing to where it can handle a higher CFM at a bit lower PSI than lower CFM at higher PSI. my line of thinking is find that happy balance between the 2 and that's where you find efficiency and the most power. before i actually get a new turbo grid heater will be relocated or changed over to a heated wrap on the intake horn, intake horn, intercooler and all plumbing will be replaced with stuff that flows more CFM. but along with your spooling at lower rpm, i'd want it to spool with as little lag as possible. i know, i'm being very high maintenance and a general pain in the *** in what i'm wanting. not very many turbos will fit what i'm wanting, and i get that.

3. Top Of Page | #33
    Permanent Vacation Calibrated Addiction's Avatar

User Info Menu

As long as you go with a s4?? I think the truck will be happy. I wouldn't go 80 but 64-75 isn't a issue just wanted you to know it is possible on stock fuel with a auto or a manual

4. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #34
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

My main thing against the larger compressors is just the thought that yes empty they might be pretty close to same spin up speed as stock, but when loaded down and in the mountains and altitude I'm at even 50-100 Rpms slower makes a big difference. Normal driving and playing around I'll prob never notice... But when I do hook up to a trailer it's usually right at if not over max weight.

6. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
    I got a 1.1 already it's awesome for spool up time, lags a bit then it lights and goes like snot
    Get you private message

Awesome compared to what?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234