Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo suggestions

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Turbo suggestions

I have some time before I get to upgrade, but been doing research and looking around and think I have it down to 2 choices... But in interest of getting best bang for my buck, and what will work best for what I want to do I'll leave my current ideas out of this. What I want is a good single turbo thatll spool quick, build good boost, noticeable difference over stock (enough to make me happy I spent the money) but can use down the road in a compound setup so I don't have to buy 3 turbos to end up with 2 on the truck. The Mistress is an 09 2500 QCSB 4x4 minimaxx with MCC by Ray, fass fueling 10% CP3, SB3250 stock sticks. Thanks for your input in advance. I look forward to new turbos to research and debate on.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Likes Corkey liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Oh please, that's a tiny one here's one we strapped to a vtec

5. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Who's going to install either one? That's going to be a lot of custom plumbing from the bed to the engine bay...

6. Top Of Page | #5
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Fine I found one that you just have to rework the passenger side fender a smidge

7. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

There we go. Got the big turbo for my compounds picked out... Still need the little one for now LOL... Think that one will spool one of those bigger ones in the bed? Make a heck of a triple setup

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

He'll need 2 engines just to get one of those spinning. It will fit great in the bed!

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm seeing a lot of 66/480, 64/470, combos for compounds. I've heard of guys saying as a single the 467.7 rocks... But seems to me like it would be a bit too laggy for my preference. Been debating between a 464, 466, or467.7, and heard someone say something about a 465... Opinions? Manufacture suggestions? To keep stock sticks but still be able to utilize bigger nozzles down the road will the 64 be big enough?

10. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Industrial is claiming the 64/74/80 is the best single turbo upgrade for the 6.7...

11. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

He351ve is a 60mm compressor (all I can really find on it) ....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast