Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  10
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Trans Swap Auto To Manual And Vice Versa

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Permanent Vacation Calibrated Addiction's Avatar

User Info Menu

4th Gen Trans Swap Auto To Manual And Vice Versa

you would also need the adaptor plate on the back of the engine they are different from the 48 and the 68tcm will not tak to a cm849 ecm its the capability just isn't there only hope is a stand alone. the cm849 is to simplistic the cm2100 is much more advanced and the cm2200 is even more advanced than both of those together and the cm2350 just plain sucks

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Right. 06 is CanBus I was thinking the 07.5 to 10 trans controller might work on that year. The language is the same. Earlier, Yup agreed.

What about a PLC?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

It wouldn't work with the 5.9 ecm no communication for the 68

4. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

No I was thinking the 68 controller on the CanCus system.

I was wondering is a PLC would work

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #25
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terror Custom Tuning View Post
    Problem isn't mechanical Steve it's electronic no way to control it I'd love to see a 68 stand alone
    Is it possible to use a 6.7 ECM and transmission controler on a 5.9? I know some of the guys converted their 6.7 trucks to a 5.9 ECM at one point for tuning reasons.

6. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwerx View Post
    Is it possible to use a 6.7 ECM and transmission controler on a 5.9? I know some of the guys converted their 6.7 trucks to a 5.9 ECM at one point for tuning reasons.
    I believe you would have problems the ecm seeing a lot of things unhooked due to the 5.9 harness being more simplistic than the 6.7 I also believe that the injectors might not function correctly due to the 6.7 ecm pushing near 2x the amps to the injectors as the 5.9 does not sure what effect that would have on those injectors. The 5.9 ecm swap is my plan for my drag truck. The injectors on the 6.7 apparently will still fire with half amperage gone. I believe the 6.7 ecm uses 2x the amperage but less voltage than 5.9 injectors. But this is more a question for @TheNatural31

7. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

I heard the other way around. You can't put a multimeter on them either. They say you'll kill the driver

Seems to me the 6.7 was 5V last time I was messing with them

8. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

if a multimeter will kill the driver then we killed it a crap load of times and it still works! LOL

9. Thanks Calibrated Addiction thanked for this post
    Likes Calibrated Addiction liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

I agree with you. That's Factory service tech training propaganda. Morons teaching idiots sort of thing.

Just passing it on. . . . . Trust me. I've done worse

11. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

It just like back in the day when body shops use to fix dents now you just change the panel or vehicle

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast