Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random wire harness

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Random wire harness

Need help identifying this guy. Was found in my glove box when I bought the truck... Stuck in my toolbox and forgotten... Well I found it again and can't seem to find it online. Any ideas??

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Isn't that for your trailer break controller or maybe a wiring harness for a alarm or deck

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'll have to pull the trailer brake control harness and look... I'm gonna be rather upset with myself for spending $30 on something I already had LOL

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Nope, not for trailer brakes. Got another idea thinking about it, but done feel like pulling the dash apart right now to check.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ok, curiosity got the best of me... Nope none of these either...
    Pretty sure the tan and green are for heated seat on/off switches, black one... Idk what it's for but not for my mystery harness

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I was going to say electric brake harness. . . They used to supply a harness with the truck, but the aftermarket took care of that with a plug on both ends. Are those 2 connections shown on the heavier wires?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The 2 connectors are separate and in the dash behind the center bezel/ a/c controls.. Prety sure the green one is for heated seats since the tan one on other side looks exactly the same... The Black one... Idk.. looking under the dash and under that panel I haven't found a connector that looks like it'll mate to my original mystery harness

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Look over the parking brake release lever, there should be a similar pigtail hanging there. It hangs out of the cluster harness near the bulkhead. You're a navy guy. Do you know what a bulkhead is? The heavy wires on that pigtail are a clue. Those are the ones that feed the actual trailer brakes

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Already checked all those grumps. Trailer brake plug is an inline rectangle, neutral/clutch interlock for high idle is a single wire, canbus of course way too big, the others are all mated up as well and too big.
    I'll check to see what's on other side of dash under and behind the glove box tomorrow

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

then I have no idea. That's the only harness I know of they would put in the glove box. The plug looks right though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast