Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: leveling kit

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

leveling kit

I tow heavy so I'm going to install air bags on the rear and want to get opinions from you guys what you think the best leveling kit would be. I'm looking at the hell bent 2 and 2.5 inch leveling kits. Which would you guys suggest. I've heard the bags raise the *** end 1.5 inches. Thanks in advance.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I've got their 2.5 in spacers on my 09... Set it like 1/8 in lower up front than rear. With everything else needed going above 2" either stick with 2 or be prepared to get track bar and control arms too

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

If you are towing heavy you should NEVER raise the front. You need to keep the weight forward. That and the steering geometry is changed and could make the truck unstable. Also stay away from larger tires unless you go up in rim diameter.

Air Bags and rear sway bar. I've gone up to 17K like that on a single wheel 3500 and stay in control 60 PSI will give you that 1.5" lift. I suggest the firestone air bags. Make sure you keep both bags plumbed separate. You should see my rig for my airbags

Sorry to stomp on your thoughts. I've seen the mistake too many times. I've seen lifted trucks lose it a few times too. I've been towing heavy for years. My rig is built to kill. And I tong tow.

What are you towing?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #4
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

How is the steering geometry changed with a solid front axle?

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

trailing arm

That and he's throwing the weight back when he doesn't want that loaded

You tow much?

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

sorry Grumps but I tow alot in the summer and got a 2.5 kit on my dodge and just got the caster reset and tow just fine
    but no I never been on a scale
    but I know alot of my tows are not going to be passed by DOT's

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I discourage any tow vehicle being lifted. My primary reason is I have seen some pretty crappy jobs done by owners and professionals. That and people tend to do most of these lifts on the cheap.

I've been towing for over 30 years. (My rig shows it too) I've seen some pretty nasty wrecks because of lifts. That's the method to my madness boys.

8. Top Of Page | #8
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Your thinking a large lift the guys doing a leveling kit, it's small, take your magnifying glasses off

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Ahhhh maybe I'm being too conservative. The rake from the factory is in those trucks for a reason.

Hell I went up 1.5" and complaining. LOL

Sometimes people say they are getting a glas of milk and bring back a cow. You know where I'm coming from though. . . .

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

If done correctly and keeping in mind it's a pulling truck there's no reason you can't haul heavy loads with a lift or level

11. Likes K-Sons liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast