Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: diggerdave

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

Bummer
    I never expected the flanges to be different either I guess. I wasn't saying it was your fault. I wonder if maybe that's a Chevy rear. That's the only reason I can see that it would not work. Dana's are tough to work on. I think Chevy used that rear too. I wonder if you can identify that what that rear is and get the disc setup for that. Just a thought. Does the new rear have the axles in it? If so, make sure the wheels fit.

You're right about the ratios though. . . .I share your pain and understand

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

It's from a 98 cummins. It's a full setup. Axles everything. Disks didn't go in till early 02.

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

3. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

The backing plates are on it then?

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

The flange plates are different yes. There is a conversion kit out there for this. But I don't ha e the money for that.

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

5. Top Of Page | #45
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

You will be okay installing that diff. Call up a few parts shops and get a brand new brake line, and all new brake components. Or you could try a wrecker, but IMO new parts will probably be better...especially dealing with stopping! It might take you awhile but in the end you will have learned some things about keeping your truck on the road.

Good luck Dave!

6. Likes K-Sons liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

We were on the same page Stu. Used drums will be fine. New wheel cylinders unless the bone yard stuff is new.

It's amazing how neglected rear brakes are. They're taken for granted. Now here's dave with this dilemma

8. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

What dilemma. I have a mechanic Coming on Sunday to tear out the guts in the drum diff and installing and setting up on my disk diff. So I should be rolling Sunday some time. Phew

9. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

Well talking to mechanic. He's coming tomorrow to start on the diff. I am looking oh so forward to this.

10. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

Maybe you'll stop driving us nuts now

11. Likes K-Sons liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

Well gotta late start on the diff. But got the old carrier and various out of the pumpkin cleaned her up. Now 10 am tomorrow morning gonna gettr done.

Thank god I have a mechanic that nos his stuff. He used to work for DPS. Anybody who nos diesels in Alberta to dps. LOL

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast